APR CPS Parts question

Apr is recommending shops to install bleeder valves into the corners of the heat exchanger.

Interesting…! Both awe and ams have the bleeder valves already installed on their systems… Well, that would be a great solution maybe they should be doing that during production… Now we risk getting metal in the system plus labor to pull it out again and taping valve in to place… It’s a solution at least and that’s what happens when we start “modding”… Thanks richi…

I bled my cps with a vacuum system and to my surprise i landed up filling the reservoir up twice. i thought i had a leak, but it was the system just needed even more coolant in it. I did not run mine divorced, so the low coolant light came on to let me know. I think the added tank makes it even harder to get the air out of the system. It was close to 2 gallons of coolant needed in the end to refill the HE and tank, thats with the stock loop clamped off.

You could put an extension pipe on the reservoir to make it taller than the engine, overfill it, run the motor, and let the air work its way to the new high point. Obviously you have to remove the extension and extra fluid to close the hood.

Really West…?

This morning my car was dumping coolant. There is a cap where the engine cooling system is cut off from the APR supercharger cooling system. That cap is rotted and can’t hold the pressure.

I think some of the guys warned me about this. I’m honestly surprised it lasted this long. Over 3 years? EDIT: 5/23/2013.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/597371-APR-CPS-owners-check-your-coolant-cap-below-your-expansion-tank

I had this happen to me last week but with the AWE kit (lasted 2 years)…they sent me a silicone replacement the next day…

Thanks for the update. So this is an issue with capping off the one section. I think know what people are talking about but I see a lot of things in the pictures. The one area that looks like its capped looks like it has an oem clamp on it.

We had the pipe sent out to have a cap welded on it. Job done right. APR should have included a replacement pipe.

Never thought about having it welded, guess that would really solve the problem. I just left mine connected still so I never have to worry about a leak. There is hardly any fluid transfer between the systems to make it worth divorcing.

Hmm, well one system is pressurized and the other isn’t.

I know i’ll be keeping a watchful eye on this as well. I have an AWE unit that divorces in a similar fashion with a cap.

I had mine changed last month. Kept getting scent of antifreeze in cabin but coulsnt find a leak, only saw that the cap was cracking. Then a couple of months later saw water under car after it was parked overnight. When I had the exhaust installed had joe the tech look into changing it for precuationary reasons and bam found some antifreeze by the frame rails. Welding it shut is a great idea just don’t want to go thru the hassle of bleeding the system again, If it’s even needed. The charge cooler radiator is finally getting warm which means it’s working as it should, lol.

The welding is on the main engine loop, which isn’t quite as sensitive to air bubbles and bleeding. I agree it would be a giant hassle to bleed the supercharger loop again.