Audi RS5 B8 Oil catch can

I used the factory ones, heated PCV hoses and removed the hose from connector

i remember i saw them also on AliExpress

Again sorry for the late reply, been busy with work but I havenā€™t forgotten. Here are the images of the new pipe work alterations made on the return line. Iā€™ve have circled what I have change it basically uses less plastic fixtures and changed with manufacturer silicone/EPDM hose bends. Think the alterations look a fair bit better more OEM.

1 Like

no worries man appreciate your help,
Definitely looks better :slight_smile:
where you got those hoses ? was it a custom order ?

I had some feedbacks that silicon hoses are not suitable for any oil/fuel
so I replaced all hoses again with Gates PCV/EEC hoses, it looks more OEM also

The hoses are not a special order, it was just another straight off the shelf item. Thanks man I too agree it looks better be good to see how the new piping you have install looks now too :+1:

I was trying to find the same and not able to reach anything, where i live we donā€™t have local stores that sell such hoses, i have to order everything from states, would be interested to order same if i know from where.

also what size are those hoses ID ?

sure will take a pic soon for you :slight_smile:

Here is new hose from Gates
Also got some Torx screws to secure the Can, it matches more the OEM style :smile:

Would you be able to hook me up with similar hoses like yours ?
Shop name or website to order ?

What brands of Catch cans are you guys using? Does yours have any media (Stainless, Brass, Aluminum) inside the Catch can to help vapors condense?

I recommend Mishimotoā€™s 50 micron catch can. You can get it on Amazon. I ran it for years in my 335is and it performed wonderfully.

Looks very nice that does buddy! I like how your catch can is slightly turned so that the pipes havenā€™t got much of a bend radius.

The I.D is 19mm and I bought all my fixtures and fittings on eBay. The type of hoses you would want is called EPDM braided hose.

This is the catch can I have used, and if fits into the space perfectly.

Thanks mate ,will look those hoses up on ebay,
Thatā€™s exactly can Iā€™m using as well, ports fits straight to 19mm hose so no need additional fittings :smile:

Installing a Catch can today to include using the OEM intake valves. How much oil have you guys been catching in the RS5? I do see a benefit into venting to atmosphere if a lot of vapor gets by the Catchcan. By venting to atmosphere and blocking the valves does it cause any crankcase pressure issues? Thoughts?

My observation was with one somewhat failed PCV valve, more air was forced in into the intake from the crankcase via the PCV, probably producing more power; it definitely increased fuel consumption. Given that it is venturi tubing/piping from the pcv this increases airflow disproportionately in relation to the diameter of the tubes and different passages in the upper intake (I assume). Installing the new PCV valve also definitely decreased oil consumption.

I have no proof, but in principle should want all unclean mixtures out of the crankcase asap and the vacuum is certainly strong.

If it runs just like with two new PCV valves, should be as good except any potential benefit of blow by being combusted (potential lubrication) not happening.

I know forced induction cars tend to generate more PCV bypass with the higher chamber/cylinder pressures but with the RS5ā€™s high RPMā€™s it has to generate a fair amount. And we all know they need regular Carbon cleaning. Even if it only reduces the carbon cleaning a little, it also has the benefit of feeding your car a better Air/Fuel mixture instead of ā€˜partially to unburntā€™ gases which is almost like lowering your Octane a little, maybe not seat of the pants meaureable but has to be more power.

You knowā€¦with the JHM billet PCV kit, it would not be hard to integrate a catch can setup. Iā€™ve actually been meaning to do this for some time but havenā€™t figured out how to go without sleep yet. :slight_smile: But Iā€™ll dive into it as long as everyone understands it will do very little to reduce carbon buildup.

I ended up installing a similar setup to the ones posted above. Iā€™ve been driving the RS5 a little more lately so Iā€™ll have to see how much oil accumulates in the can.