Can we increase the image size restrictions? Using [img] tags it is tiny

that’s a ‘VBulletin’ forum thing bango…this site is ‘simple machines’

at least at first glance that’s what it looks like. Otherwise, that would be cool. This is great though the euroswagr DIY resizing.

I used to mess around with phpBB and know what a pig it can be to get all the add-ons and modules working correctly. But I’ll throw this into the mix: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1769

My inclination right now is to set something like 800x600 as the default resize to keep it simple for God. 800x600 should be good for everyone. If you want to view the full size image, right click and open it separately in a new window and let Firefox/Chrome zoom in and out for you. (Ctrl+/Ctrl-)

cool…wonder if that’s easy to implement.

These things always look straightforward on paper but my limited experience is that every add on seemed to fuck up something else, usually small and annoying!

I still vote for 800x600 default. I don’t know the site owner and how much time they have on their hands but I know that someone is graciously giving up their time and money for this brilliant site. I’m all for simplicity. Having said that, clearly a lot of work has already gone into customising the site, like the video uploads so maybe this will be an easy one for God.

the problem with 800 600 is that its tiny…that’s like a quarter of my monitor. And you can’t make it any bigger even if you want to…like the quarter mile screenshots or dyno…they are illegible at 800 600.

I like the full size with the ability to resize manually

it takes 2 seconds to resize manual, I vote to leave it as is

Yea but for dyno or time slips, why not just right click and open photo by original source/in a new window. The you can zoom or do anything you like with it.

It it automatically downsizes to a set number, then when you open it up a non related new tab, it should be it’s original size (or posed size from upload site).

It’s really not that big of a deal, but I hate seeing all the chopped off pictures and having to scroll. To say everyone who posts a picture is going to manually edit in size requirements just has zero chance of actually happening. I mean how many people have actually read through this thread to know it’s even possible?

you advocated right clicking and opening the image in a new window to enlarge…yet you don’t want to do the same when the image shows up too big? That’s odd…

haha, good point he definitely contradicted himself…no offense Maddog, just found it amusing.

Here’s the difference. Most pictures I could care less about seeing in their full glory, I just want to see the general picture. As mentioned, dyno and time slips are the only ones you need to “zoom in” on. And high quality car shots is optional.

But when I have to right click (or pan) on every single picture just to see the whole picture, it’s not as useful.

Just my opinion. But I can almost guarantee everyone posting isn’t going to manual resize each photo to fit, ESP if your posting a bunch of pics at once.

ahh, good point. Makes sense now.

anyone know why the image dimensions in your tags only show up when you post some images and not others?

i.e. you post an image, go back and’edit’ and look and sometimes it’s just [img] in the first tag, and other times it’s [img width=1600 height=1194]

Would be great if that always showed because a massive image like that 1600x1194 image could be easily reduced in half or whatever with simple math to 800x597 in the tag, making it fit nicely. Otherwise when the dimensions don’t show, you have to guess proportions and end up with distorted images

What if…
Instead of blowing Kate up to huge proportions, you simply cut out the lovely background and left her sweet jugs and glamorous money shot target? Then there would be no need to scroll!

What if…
Instead of blowing Kate up to huge proportions, you simply cut out the lovely background and left her sweet jugs and glamorous money shot target? Then there would be no need to scroll!

Aw geez, please lemme upload photos… the site is saying 128kb max photo size, and even when trying to upload low res versions of the photos I wanna post, it tells me “the upload folder is full”. I dunno what to do guys. Please throw me a frickin bone.

use third party site like photobucket.

Aw geez, please lemme upload photos… the site is saying 128kb max photo size, and even when trying to upload low res versions of the photos I wanna post, it tells me “the upload folder is full”. I dunno what to do guys. Please throw me a frickin bone.

use third party site like photobucket.