Dragstrip tips - got any advice?

I’m going to weigh my car, either at a local dump or at a CAT Scale at a truck stop. With everything including the OEM wheels, full interior, and spare tire in it. Brim the tank then weigh. Easiest to keep weight of gas constant that way. No passengers obviously.

Then as time goes by and I’ve done this and that weight reducing measures I’ll weigh again.

Perhaps it will be possible to equate weight reduction to dragstrip results over time. Just an idea.

that has been done. You can bank on picking up about 1 tenth of ET for every 100 lbs reduced on these cars. So there you go, you don’t need to now.

Is it also one tenth for 10 pounds of rotating mass reduction?

I put 15mm spacers on all 4 corners - so I just killed a decent chunk of hp didn’t I?

maybe 30 lbs of rotating…

15mm spacers? Those things weigh the same as lint.

Good question.

I know from previous knowledge that adding 1lbs of rotation mass = the effect of approx. 8lbs of curb weight, but I am not sure if its the same with removing that mass as well? 10 lbs of rotating mass would equal to approx. 80 lbs of rotating mass, so that is right in the ballpark to be near 1/10th of a second.

Good question.

I know from previous knowledge that adding 1lbs of rotation mass = the effect of approx. 8lbs of curb weight, but I am not sure if its the same with removing that mass as well? 10 lbs of rotating mass would equal to approx. 80 lbs of rotating mass, so that is right in the ballpark to be near 1/10th of a second.