Failed NEW Intake Mani -Rev M

Anyone else here have issues with their new manifolds?

When I installed mine over a year ago (no warranty) I immediately got a code for a bank positioner. I fiddled with it, pushed on the sensor, blew on it, prayed for it, and it went away, no codes since. Torque feels very linear as if it is functioning properly.

But this mani is leaking from all corners and feel I should take it off and inspect… Pissed about these manis. Maybe we are just up shits creek with this being the main pitfall of this platform.

I’ve got some codes I think are just due to me not torqueing down the bolts enough, but I can’t get to a couple of them easily.

I’ll be checking them later this fall, but so far I have not seen any flap motor errors.

Ed

I stripped one of the cheap jhm supplied im spacer bolts trying to tighten. Mine is on tight

I put in a hail mary request with my local parts guy to ask for a new IM. Because I showed him the vcds codes from 2019. Maybe I’ll get lucky

Few pics of the failed seals or whatever on the runner positioned (which I believe are not even in the JHM Tune)

This im has 4k on it. Image what It would look like after another 50

Maybe you got a defective unit? Mine had at least 15k miles on it and it’s been fine as far as I know. The rest of the car had other issues to resolve, so I haven’t driven it in a a long time, but the IM was one of the parts that has been fine since it was first swapped.

I have 60k on my new IM. No issues.

1 Like

5k on a JHM purchased IM just a little over a year ago - no issues either. You used new gaskets right? Perhaps those could be defective.

New gaskets yea. From some folks I have spoken to the JHM ones are enhanced after purchased from audi to remedy some defect. I didnt get details

Anyone know if I can disassemble the IM and re-seal the cam position sensor locations or could I maybe do it from the front?

Im afraid to touch the thing

Ok this will serve helpful for anyone with my situation in the future. Basically imo the oil seperator was bad and oil was being dumped into the IM. The I’m had a loftly amount of oil inside and coming out of all 10 ports.

Also, there was a grip of oil inside the metal housing where the oil seperator connects to the engine.

I am replacing the seperator and breather with new oem and cleaning all the valves up real quick “again”

I hope this solves my issues

Tons of carbon oil sludge after such little mileage

Plan to replace this oring

1 Like

I hate the PCV system, that’s why I have removed it.
Been driving without for the last two years (~60.000 km).

Oh wow, I was told to a kid doing so on this engine. Would love for you to elaborate on what you did, do you have this detailed in a thread somewhere? Just running a catch can?

1 Like