High pressure fuel pump compatibility question

Hey guys I have an Audi s6 2007 the fuel high pressure fuel pump I’m sure of it’s going bad ever since I got the car it’s been taking longer to start it made a whining noise at random times and now it’s full on whining and the car won’t stay on once it’s warm it will start doing esp fault, engine light, misfires until it stalls and until it cools down the car will start until it gets warm and acting up. My question is I have an old Audi A6 2006 4.2 the cams went on it and I was wondering if the high pressure fuel pump on that car would fit it? Because it looks like It would but they say it wouldn’t I was just curious if anyone could give me insight on this and save me the trouble of spending $500 on a new one

Not sure if the A6 HPFP would work, but you can check ebay for a replacement and hopefully you’ll find a cheaper new option. You’ll also probably want to buy two to have a backup or replace both at the same time.

I have browsed through several German forums and it seems that some parts on the pump are interchangeable but not the pump as such.
One guy did however put a 3.6fsi pump in a 4.2 and he wrote they looked exactly the same also as the 5.2 but nobody has confirmed that it will in fact work.

079 127 026 C and 079 127 025 C are 4.2 pumps
07L 127 026 A is the 5.2 pump

BTW. The 3.6fsi part numbers (from Q7) are way different.

Requirements:

1. ist must fit.
  2. it should be able to deliver the same presure.

If the electric valve on the pump doesn’t have the same specs you should be able to switch them.
One guy used a valve from a 4.2 on a 5.2 pump.

I don’t have specs on them so I can’t realy give a precise answer… sorry…

Ok thank you very much and happy thanksgiving

can you seal/service the electric valve on the HPFP? I can see signs of a slight leak at the end with the electrical connector on Bank 1.

I just replaced my high pressure pumps here which I thought were bad but they may still be good. I have the high pitch whine noise and the car is hard to start. Do you have any codes? There is a known issue with 2007 and 2008 with the EVAP system where the N80 valve is a known issue.