JHM 3 Liter: New Products

Hey man,

Not ETA yet on that yet, but it is still something that we are working towards!

Jake

Good to hear! Im looking forward to getting the tune and gutting my cats. So basically, aside from other engine issues, we should never have any issues for emissions testing while running this tune?

The Guys at JHM are really quick to turn around your ECU’s if you can live without your car for a few days.

I posted mine to them from Australia without any dramas - but I suppose you do have to put a lot of trust in the postal service.

Same day turnaround! In the US, if you overnight the ECU both ways you are down for a grand total of ~48 hours.

[quote=“Jake@JHM”]
I don’t get what is taking so long with the encryption and flash tune, but they do have same day turn around. I sent mine out on a Monday, got it back Wednesday morning.

Sent from my Moto X

Ugghhh! I actually have the ability to send my ECU out and not need my car for 2 weeks at a time. One of the joys of living in the city. I was just looking to make the process easier so that I could avoid needing to pull the ecu out of the car. I did a quick estimate on my tax return and it looks like JHM will be seeing my tune at the end of Feb.

Jake, does this tune remove the CEls for both the secondary air pump and rear o2 sensors? I still have the air pump, but since they are prone to failing, I’d like to know if I will have issues with emissions testing in the future.

SAI is included! However, we do not delete the rear o2 sensors. We do eliminate the catalyst efficiency so you won’t get a CEL while being Cat-less.

Good to hear! Im looking forward to getting the tune and gutting my cats. So basically, aside from other engine issues, we should never have any issues for emissions testing while running this tune?

Please, don’t gut the CATS get the JHM downpipes You’ll be glad You did.

I would, but I have a hard time justifying dropping $700 on pipes and $500 on a tune, totaling $1200 for a car worth about $4500 with a131K. Just not worth it to me.

Please, don’t gut the CATS get the JHM downpipes You’ll be glad You did.

I would, but I have a hard time justifying dropping $700 on pipes and $500 on a tune, totaling $1200 for a car worth about $4500 with a131K. Just not worth it to me.

My 2003 Audi 3.0L with 144k+ is my daily and project car.

Project cars always have more money put into them then they are worth.

I don’t think you can buy anything else in the price range of a 3.0 + jhm parts that would be on the same level for an overall package. (luxury, performance, awd, etc) so it’s a reasonable investment.

Halo did you ever take ur car to the 1/4 mile?

I agree. I think the 3.0 with the upgrades is probably one of the best choices. I just dont see myself owning the car through 2016. Fixing the intake manifold actuator this past weekend made a HUGE difference in performance. Now Im itching for more. I think the tune will take me to what I want and using my tax return for it, will make it seem like I didnt even pay for it ;D. Either way, I think the tune, plus gutted cats will get me where I want to be.

My 2003 Audi 3.0L with 144k+ is my daily and project car.

Project cars always have more money put into them then they are worth.

I don’t think you can buy anything else in the price range of a 3.0 + jhm parts that would be on the same level for an overall package. (luxury, performance, awd, etc) so it’s a reasonable investment.

Halo did you ever take ur car to the 1/4 mile?

You bet, will make a very noticeable difference. I wish I had at least gutted my cats (didnt go past ecu/tcu tune).

I agree. I think the 3.0 with the upgrades is probably one of the best choices. I just dont see myself owning the car through 2016. Fixing the intake manifold actuator this past weekend made a HUGE difference in performance. Now Im itching for more. I think the tune will take me to what I want and using my tax return for it, will make it seem like I didnt even pay for it ;D. Either way, I think the tune, plus gutted cats will get me where I want to be.

No 1/4 yet.

I have the intake spacers but not on the car yet.
Clutch needs replacing so the JHM LWF and clutch kit is soon to be ordered.
Getting the Apikol rear differential mount from JHM also.

Shifter isn’t as smooth as I think it should be so having that looked at also if money permits.

Might look at the intake manifold actuator and have the vacuum hoses done and the crank case breather done.

I know that’s a lot but I want the car for the long haul !