MattyS4 125.75mph trap (2960ft D/A's, 85-87F)

Just curious LOE…did you add this dubious time to your list?

Nothing has been added at this time; all times moving forward are on a submission-only basis, meaning he’ll have to submit it via the thread like others. I don’t think the list I was compiling will get updated though because Arin@APR is now starting to update the stickied list on AZ, and that list is likely to be more popular with the members than my spreadsheet.

His more recent times have been closer to the 121-123mph marks in above 2,000 ft D/A’s, and that seems to be his more consistent traps. It will be interesting if someone can hit that 125-126mph mark, even if near 0ft D/A’s. I’ve spoken to Matt via text multiple times, he’s the type to report back his findings and has been honest with all of his “duds” and “wows” and has more passion that I do to move the platform forward with all of his projects.

120anything is amazing from a small V6 and a 1320. Impressive.

I wish someone would run their car on pump gas with 2 pulleys and a tune for boost. And a working DSG.

I know it’s very easy to get excited about a personal best record setting run, and even moreso for a platform specific record run. But at the same time, an outlier should be enough to see something fishy, especially when it’s related to trap and not ET (as trap tends to be more consistent than ET). If he did really run that, I’d think it’d be no big deal to see it on all the other slips as well, or very close.

Saki and Primetime and laid the facts out pretty clearly. And it’s still a very impressive run, especially from a s/c V6 as saki mentioned. I just hope he doesn’t see this as anyone trying to deter him but rather take it as an informative lesson. I do look forward to seeing these records getting broken and advancing the street trim platform more.

you will get your wish. I will bee trying to do this on just pump 94. not sure about any dsg tune though. kinda thinkin fuck that right now.

anyone with a B8 facelift (2013+) DSG will want a DSG tune to get the RPMs out to 7000.
anyone with a 2010-2012 is wasting their time and over a thousand dollars playing games with TCU tuning.

The only beit to a DSG tune on the earlier years pre-facelift models is launch control which wasn’t available on the 2010 cars. The 2011-2012 cars came with stock launch control. Not to mention primetime showed us that NOT using launch control is just as fast or faster than launch control of any sort (stock LC or tuned LC).

So to summarize

2010 - don’t bother
2011 - don’t bother
2012 - don’t bother
2013-2016 - you probably want it but even then it’s not the end of the world if you don’t.

The only reason anyone with a 2010-2012 DSG car would want a TCU tune is if it was free and even then, it makes some cars SLOWER…aka don’t bother.

I tried searching for primetimes launch method. What is it exactly?

ask in his thread. But basically you just accelerate. Any monkey can do it. I cut low 1.7 60 foot times in a B8 the first time I ever drove one. It just had a basic basic 91 tune. It’s not a technique as much as don’t over think it. Just hold the brake then release it and hammer the gas all at once. No lag, no delay. I don’t know if I did the primetime method to be honest…I jsut accelerated the way I thought an automatic had to be accelerated. You’ll be fine.

borrow my VBOX and try a few things out.

Yours has launch control right? would be neat to see what does better on vbox.

Sure next time I go come with me and we’ll see what does what.