Newbie rules???

^ RNS-E does not make it easy to stream.

Just use an aux/headphone jack connection. Until a head unit can mirror the phone display with touch, I think aux + phone holder is the easiest and most flexible setup

Or do like I did and retro fit a nexus 7 tablet in the dash. All I have to do is Bluetooth my internet connection and I can do everything except call and text. But that’s a level of custom most people aren’t willing to dive into. Lol.

I am not trying to show my age or anything, but all I really want to be able to do is play the music from my future iPhone 6 or 7 if its out when I get back, maybe play some sweet ass Pandora, and have a nice up to date navigation system. I can handle aux in to do it or even bluetooth. All that and still have the same output to the speakers that the OEM unit has. The 2GB slots and current Navi both suck major dog balls, so anything to get it gone…

I like high quality sound, instant song changes, I want to control it with the steering wheel, and I want to see it displayed on my RNSE screen. I don’t want a ghetto head unit. I don’t want to be illegally fucking with my phone to control the music (distracted driving is the number 1 cause of death on our roads now ahead of speeding, drink drive etc) and yes the grand majority of us don’t give a fuck about panda or spotty. Those services suck cock. I don’t want some weak ass mix from some ghetto advertising riddled music service, nor do I want to pay someone for shit sound. I want to hear from the bands I love. When I want.

Maybe you’re not into music? Your generation has no music. Just garbage manufactured pop princesses singing other people’s shit music. So maybe to that end you’re content with someone else’s music (yes I know you can thumbs up, thumbs down stuff but fuck it. Still not the same.

You’re the same guy going on about apple iTunes and the shit apple format, yes we have different goals ?

I have an RNS-e. Use it with my iphone, I keep my phone in the cupholder or passengers seat, I can view song info on the dash and RNS-e , change songs via steering wheel or nav or iphone. All it takes on the iphone is a double tap of hte home button and then press the upper right hand part of the screen, don’t even have to look up.

@Sakimano

Yeah ok. I could come up with a rebuttal but let’s be honest you are just going to argue more shenanigans. Clearly I am a stereotype among a generation with no culture. A simple hipster with no taste for anything. You know me so well. ::slight_smile: I’ll drop it, no sense in arguing with the stubborn.

how do you connect the iPhone to the RNSE?

audiovox kit, it’s called the dice duo 103 avw, it’s like $100 maybe?

sak, are u saying u can get 32gb cards to work in your car? I just bought a bunch of old 2 gig cards off ebay but id love bigger ones. and I totally agree with the steering wheel controls.

my opinion on the nav is meh, ive had worse and ive had better. entering addresses with the dial is fuckin stupid and it looks dated and I have a killer alpine unit layin around from my jetta but I just cant lose all the other things it does well. I also love the card option as well.

I tried an 8 gig card and I couldn’t get any song titles and it loaded super slow. 4s work but a bit slow too. my experience is the 2s are best.

IMHO…I thought I had seen some decent head units out there on the market…Are the other double dins that bad???

No, they’re not bad at all (IMO). They just don’t look OEM and stick out like a sore thumb because the blacks don’t match up quite right.

I am fine with that. I don’t plan on ever selling my RS4. I have been corrupted by the days of shitty Alpine and Pioneer head units that sucked uber bad. I have yet to buy a Double Din unit with a quality Navigation system, the ability to play I phone-pod music, Pandora etc. streaming, and not be toooooo faking much money…

The b7 stopped in 2008, but that rnse head unit continued in the a3 and the r8, so Audi updated it in 2010

Way better screen/graphics, way way faster computation of routes and searches and the ability to read SDHC cards.

Commonly referred to as RNSE 2010+

I would love a head unit that has a touch screen that can mirror my phone

The Kenwood (DNS-7140 from around 2008) in my Subaru kills the RNSE in all areas except stock look and feel, and SW/DNS integration.

However, those are so important that I’ve simply done the RNS-E 2010+ upgrade and called it a day. Not having all those extra features is only a petty annoyance. I’m over it. :wink:

I have one for sale actually its an awesome double din unit. I had it in my jetta its all touch screen and voice command works really well. it has Pandora Bluetooth xm and the navigation is incredible incuding traffic updates with alternate routes. im not sure if u can mirror the phone though.