Official RS5 supercharger thread!

Don’t know for sure, he couldn’t remember what box code you had off hand. If you log in, do the scan, and flashes are available, you’re good to go. If it says something like “controller not found”, that means he’ll need to do a bit of keyboard magic on your tune.

So we must be close to some word from JHM about the supercharger as the supercharger BETA tune is on the file server.

Progress!

1 Like

Possibly…I know once they get everything finalized and running to their satisfaction, they’ll want to put some miles on the car to see if anything breaks.

That’s been on there since last summer I’m actually running that tune in my car right now lol.

Any update on this lol

Haven’t asked recently…

So is anyone in the US currently selling a supercharger kit for the RS5 B8.5?

So far this is all I can find.

The website says they are US based. As well as Canada/ Europe and Netherlands.

Anyone has experience with this kit or know of any cheaper?

Looks like they have to move the fuel pumps to accommodate the super charger.

Max 200hp over stock

There was an RS5 with this supercharger on the Hemmings website for sale.
An Audizine member purchased it. Maybe you can ask him about it.

Says ad no longer available

Yes, the car is no longer available because somebody on the Audizine forum bought it. I sent you the link to the discussion about who purchased it. Maybe you can reach out to him and ask your questions.

Ok. I am stupid. Lol. I see now. I will attempt to contact him but his last post says a lot.

“i am completely blown away. admittedly, i have never driven a stock RS5 before and the best benchmark for faster cars was a 996 GT3.
by the second run, i decided to get a bit more adventurous and started hitting the gas earlier past the apex. traction, traction. traction.”

Wonder how many miles the supercharger has on it? And who did the installation?

What happened to this?

Here is the same magnuson tvs1740 model being offered in an R8 V8 version by VF Engineering. Could an R8 early model supercharger be adapted to our cars?

They blew up a few engines and stopped the program. Roots type SC’s are not a good match for a high-revving motor like the RS5’s.

Realize that’s an $18,000 kit. I predict the market for the RS5 would be zero.

I see it is expensive. However, it looks to be the same model as the one you said blew up in the post b4 that, does it work in the R8? That’s a high reving V8 also correct? Same motor as the rs5. What are the early R8s using? Turbos?

VF has lots of experience with these blowers now where APR, at the time, did not. VF learned to under-spin the blower to keep intake charge temps at a reasonable level. If you look at the TT kits vs. the VF kits, the TT kits for the R8’s have as much bottom end torque as the supercharger kit. VF put in a lot of development time with their kits and they’re engineered quite well to put it mildly.

VF “had” an old kit for the R8 but discontinued it. This one was released about six months ago after announcing a year or more in advance. Was a long wait!

2 Likes

So currently this is the only offering for the RS5 B8/8.5?

And it’s 17K with the new HPFPs. Uninstalled.

That is correct. That’s the old PES kit. Company had questionable record and reputation so they renamed it. There are a few people on here with the PES kit. A year ago it was still $12K. Food for thought!

I would stay away from the Verstarkt kit… It’s just the rebranded PES kit that’s been blowing motors for quite a while in all kinds of different platforms.

Just something to chew on. APR dumped the blower program in part due to the damage installing the blowers caused to several of the test cars. Another company came out with the same type roots blower kit blew two motors and then completely eliminated the kit all together and then I believe are not out of business.

If you look at component wise roots style blowers are not ideal for this motor Vs some of the other offerings that are still in testing. While I know the push or excitement for installing a blower might be big I think waiting for long term testing is in your best interests.