Over boosting on stock tune

exactly! its the simplicity! Some days big turbo is awesome, some days big turbo sucks. This week, big turbo has sucked. I chased down a non existent boost leak for 8 hours…perform a leak test, not find anything, inspect the diverter valve, inspect wastegate look for exhaust leaks, nothing. but loosing tons of boost up top, like 8 psi, on a 30psi tune, well I finally gave up, took the car for one final drive for the night, finally I get a CEL, tons of misfires. Go home, VCDS it, no code for misfires??? just two codes for the rear heater core sensor failure…super random. Looked it up, turns out those codes for the rear heater core failure have nothing to do with the heater core at all, people solved them by replacing the coil packs… So I went from a simple boost leak to rear heater core replacement to coil packs…and sure enough now the car works beautifully…there is not enough patience in the world when it comes to diagnosing this car.

What… that just made no sense. I would love to understand how that all blends together. Glad to hear your car is running. How bad was the fix to your manifold. External waste gates are the way.

Yeah you’re telling me, I’m not happy with this car this week, it took up so much time for nothing, and a whole bunch of screwy results fixing the manifold wasn’t too bad. Basically just drilled it out and put in studs and nuts. I think I’m gonna replace it with a twin scroll mani in the best future.