P0221 - Throttle Position Sensor B

Engine:
P1564 - Throttle Actuator (J338), Under-Voltage during Basic Setting
P0327 - Knock Sensor 1 (G61), Circuit Low Input
P0221 - Throttle Position Sensor B (G188), Circuit Range / Performance

I got an EPC fault today after many weeks of clean driving.

At first, I was getting them on cold starts in the deep cold of winter. We thought it might be a battery thing, but we couldn’t find any definitive issue with battery drains. Then we cleaned all the connectors and it went away—but the weather also warmed up. However, a few weeks/month later it popped up again, so I swapped throttle bodies. And all was good again for a few more weeks—until a long road trip today.

Any ideas?

Almost seems like a loose wire connection at the throttle body to me. Might explain why it worked for a few weeks after you replaced the throttle body, then started acting up again. I’d try cleaning the contacts with some alcohol if you can, and see if that changes anything

It could be. I drove 300+ KM today in 12C weather and no problems at all. Can you order new connectors to the TB and re-pin?

BUT during the winter my mech said that he was able to trigger the fault by wiggling a wire at the ECU. He said he cleaned the connection, but the problem has been so intermittent it’s hard to track down. The only difference is that this last time I was not able to keep the code clear until the next morning.

Can anyone help me find a part number for the throttle body connectors? I know the “A” side has a broken clip and is held closed with the aid of a zip tie. I might try to replace both.

I tried to look for the actuall connector part number. I can’t find any for the connectors.

FYI. Still getting these occasional faults, but it must be wiring or the connector. My mechanic traced J338 as the B sensor on the passenger side TB. (Not the B throttle body) So we were looking in the wrong side.

Looking for a new 6-pin connector. Does anyone have a part number?

Did you get this solved? If not - check out my thread on throttle body connectors.

Thanks. I did get it fixed and then promptly put the car on a boat for Malaysia. I think we cleaned the contacts and then used cable ties to lock them in place.

I’ll get the car back at the end of Sep and if it’s still a problem, I’ll probably replace the connectors. Thanks for checking.

If you can post the actual connector part numbers. I think that was the only thing missing from chevdogs post.