S6 - WP, AC Comp, Alt - replace w/o engine drop?

I replaced the tstat with the eng in the car, it looks to me you could replace the water pump with the engine in the car with a bit more time and struggle. But is it possible? Has anyone done so?

Also appears you “could” replace the the compressor and alternator in the car or are those engine ot jobs also?

The alternator is very straight forward to re/re. Just ask anyone that has replaced the o-rings on the oil cooler. The water pump is also very easily accessible.

I cannot comment specifically on the compressor as I had my engine out when I removed it.

I would agree with eng92’s comments. I did have a bitch of a time getting the water pump replaced, you can read through my post here, but in the end it was totally doable. Help from another mechanically inclined person went along way for me particularly to ensure the input shaft in the new pump was lined up properly to the block.

It looks like I will be in need of replacing the AC compressor on mine at some point here. I am looking at the repair manual and it seems to show that it is still do-able to replace it without pulling the engine. I’m going to get some eyes on it in the next couple of weeks and see if the replacement process makes sense. Would much prefer this to pulling the engine!