the v10 s6 project

Wow the car looks great. I dont know how you always hit a home run with rims. They look great i think. Love those exhaust tips too. Nice to see the car is up and on the road again

Thanks man! It is definitely a fun car. The exhaust gets a lot of attention, which can be good and can be bad.

Havent had it out in the snow yet. With snow tires and ESP on, Audis are pretty hard to get sideways. They will immediately start freaking out, cutting power, and applying the brakes on certain wheels, if you try and swing the back around. Without ESP may be different, but havent had the chance to try.

The car feels pretty neutral right now. I have done larger aftermarket rear sways on most of my Audis, and it has always made the car more lively. Never had an occurrence of snap oversteer, but with ESP off and the torque of the v10, we’ll have to see how tail happy the car will be.

Yes!!! Been waiting so long for this! I understand with CV leading the way as prototype now you have taken a back seat but this is still my favorite project!!!

When you have the chance or time( or good wheather) …please make a video of some acelerations .Thanks to you for all the info on this motor ! great people here.

Great idea on a video. Even a nice small short clip

Im trying to figure out a secure and easy way to attach a phone to the rear bumper, so we can finally get a good clip of the exhaust. From what I can tell, Ill probably have to go purchase a suction mount for the recording device.

Search lavalier microphone on Amazon. You can buy one with a long cord for cheap and avoid risking your phone falling off while you’re driving. Unless of course you’re tying to get video too.

Ill check it out, thanks!

…so very true

Too loud?

Depends on the neighborhood you’re in

Thanks to a buddy of mine, and fellow Audi enthusiast, we have another short exhaust video.

https://youtu.be/s-XXLZoeyHU

Sounds good! Not too loud o don’t think. Just need a flyby or GoPro while driving video now :slight_smile:

Long Tube Headers? What? When did those become available?

They were custom built on the car. One of two sets made, at the time. All the details are in this thread, with pics on the first page

Any updated review. If she Is all sorted I would love to see this run middish 12s :-p

Sorry to disappoint, but not yet. Still sorting out the misfires.

Will post more once we finally get things running properly, and get an ECU and TCU tune on the car. Without the tune, all the ‘go fast’ parts arent anywhere near their potential.

Damn, hope you get that sorted soon! Seems like you have been fighting that gremlin for awhile.

At least r sounds good and handles good!

Ohhh okay. I thought you meant headers that we can buy.