wastegate theory.

Are you able to add upgraded wastegates to ko3 or ko4’s? Seems like if the wg is your only issue, aftermarket wastegates would be the cheapest and most effective answer. I personally don’t know how they’re configured though if wg can be altered/replaced.

But agreed, if you’re paying to drop the motor, I think you wait and pay for a good turbo upgrade too.

I just want to let you guys know that I figured out what my problem was. It was a two part problem, the smaller issue was the wg diaphragm had a bad leak in it. The main reason I had an issue was the guy I got the car from replaced the valve cover gasket on it and dropped a bolt into the passenger side turbo.
I’ve replace both turbos and did a lot of maintenance to the car when I had the motor out. It’s been about a month running now and it runs great. I just wanted to tank you guys for all your help.

Did you install new K03s?

Rebuilt k03’s, got them with 7k on them. I got a good deal on them and didn’t have k04 money. I’ll probably only go stage 2+ until these turbos pop. Spent a lot of time and money but everything runs like new now.
If anyone is interested in 2 k03’s 1 good on and on that needs a rebuild let me know. They aren’t the originals I’m fairly sure of that but don’t know the miles on them. Shoot me an offer. 4027069935.