Whats the correct PN for the camshaft solenoid valve?

I’m getting this fault

P0024 - "B" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 2

and I’m searching for the correct replacement part. Can someone help me find the correct PN? I’m checking 06E109257P but a number of sites say that this does not fit the S6 5.2L engine…

That’s the right number for the solenoid valve. BTW, most places refer to it as the variable valve timing solenoid. I found it on genuineaudiparts.com and it is listed for the 5.2 V10.
I had a similar fault a year ago and it turned out to be a broken connector to the valve. I was able to glue the broken connector back together to fix. You might check the connections first if you haven’t already.

That might also be the problem, but I haven’t been able to fix it. The wire into the connector has been grafted/resoldered and the pins have been sprayed but it didn’t fix it. My next option is to swap the solenoid with Bank1 but Bank1 is much harder to reach, and if it is bad I would have to do it again.

Is there a way to confirm that the connector is not the problem with a DMM?

Genuine test would be to get out your vag com and do a out put test. See how the out put test goes and then unplug the sensor and see if you get the same result and the same code. If the wires are bad then you will get the same code if your testing it pluged or unplugged.

How do you do the output test?

Its in vag com. Go into the motor module and then click on output test. You will have to cycle through all the tests in that sequence until you get to the one you desire

1 Like

The solenoid was bad - it didn’t respond to a direct 12V circuit. But we’re still getting the P0024 with the new solenoid, so it seems like the harness is the next culprit.

Can someone help me find the PN for the harness that connects to the Bank2 Exhaust Camshaft Solenoid? It appears to be the same harness as the 6-10 coil packs. I was unsuccessful…

Never mind. We traced the problem to a bent pin at the ECU.

sorry, not a bent pin, but a loose connection on the purple/brown wire into ECU2. My mechanic removed the pin, cleaned it, and then re-installed it cleanly. But the cam solenoid was also bad - it didn’t open with a 12V power source.

Electronic issues suck. Nice to hear you got it sorted out.