07 S6 Project Opinions?

So I’ve recently purchased a 07 s6 with 120k and there was someone who gave me a laundry list of stuff to replace. I was planning on doing a carbon clean and the maintenance that comes with that so like a tune up and oil change is there anything else I should look for? I got a video of it starting up it isn’t driven so it needed a jump may need a new battery.

There is the video of it starting. Whenever it arrives, I will start the carbon clean and all the maintenance needed to drive. Any opinions on what I should do after would be appreciated.

First thing I would do is to put the air dam scoops back on. Nice gain in cool air there. People remove the air dams thinking they are going to have more power without them and apparently have never logged the car as it just pulls in super hot air and kills performance.

Flush your power steering and check for leaks. It sounds very low in the video. If you need to drive the car at all don’t drive unless you add power steering fluid ASAP. The power steering pump gets mad if it gets dry.

Pull the intake check the flaps.

Do the carbon clean.

Take pictures and post them of the motor valley after you pull the intake. Look for fresh oil. If you see
fresh oil replace your oil filter housing O rings

Spend the money and get 10 new injectors. Or check the car fax and see how many have already been replaced. That is a very big issue with the car.

Get a set of JHM intake spacers. One of the single best maintenance with performance add mods you can do.

Obviously new coil packs but you can check the date on the coil packs and see how old they are you might not need to replace them all. But do replace all of the plugs.

The rubber starts to get brittle and break down and fall out of the OEM crank pulley. Replacing that with the JHM crank pulley drops a good amount of rotational weight off the front of the motor. That is a mod you will be able to tell as well has a nice bump in go fast fun.

Check all of the PCV lines. The crack and leak. That would be a good place to start.

1 Like

Where’s the best place to get pcv replacement parts

We all know that the 5.2 is a rare bird. JHMotorsports supports us with software with the recent release of the transmission program just a few months ago. To other maintenance and performance developments that they are still making and advancing this platform today.

So most everyone gets as much as they can from JHM as JHM re invests in the platform. The more people in the 5.2 community get from JHM the more JHM continues to develop pars and this platform. So basically getting 5.2 parts maintenance or other wise is an investment in your platform.

JHM also as I understand it worked with sending broken intakes manifolds back to the manufacture to help them see how the 5.2 intake manifolds break. So JHM always get the updated intake manifolds. Even newer PN than dealers some have shown in the past.

So I would say give them a look. They are usually very competitive price wise.

2 Likes