07 S8 intake manifold challenge

Hi All,
Joined site last week, my son bought his S8 a few months back and has been running great until last Friday, he noticed some clicking in the engine and now has long cranking no start then start after the 3rd try.
Now on the front of the engine the top flap motor lever has popped out, we were able to push it back in and the car starts.
Our question is has anyone had this problem and has anyone found a resolution

We know we can by a new intake but just wish the cost wasnt so high for a simple part, I can’t believe its in the manifold…

Your only ideal solution is replacing the IM like you already mentioned.

If that’s not an option it could possibly be repaired or gutted, but you will have some consequences for that route. So people do it and live with it until they can afford a replacement. I really wish there was an aftermarket solution for people that fall to that fate. Not sure the actual demand, but would be cool if JHM or similar had an affordable solution or even comparable with some performance and durability measures.

Thanks for the quick reply vtgt, its just crazy that a small piece can down our beast…

JHM does have the “updated” IM at $1800+ just wish we could find a used maybe, just need to find out when Audi updated the IM so were not buying a used soon to be problem…

Get a new one and forget about it. After getting an used one, you will have to get a new one afterwards. They all fail. I just did mine, 3 flaps were broken and the car was misfiring

JHM is selling the latest OEM part. If you don’t buy from JHM or have an extremely reliable source you could end up with an older version. I believe the p/n has remained the same through some or all versions so I personally wouldn’t roll the dice. Not to say the latest revision is a guarantee :wink: it’s definitely better though.

Thanks for the quick reply’s everybody appreciate the help, so it looks like we are buying one from JHM.

I guess on the plus side once were in there we can change the oil seperator “rings” to stop that oil leak too… :wink:

Yes that’s the way to go. JHM has the newest intakes Version wise. It’s almost like they have a direct link that nobody else has. This wouldn’t be the first time JHM would be in this position They have worked with Audi before in the past.

The oil separator rings. Its the oil filter rings that can leak into the lower valley of the motor.