2004 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0

Hey guys,

Lately I’ve noticed that there’s plenty of both noise and friction when steering. It’s not so much as to where I cannot switch lanes or make sharp turns if needed, however I’m curious to see if there’s an easy fix and how much that might cost. The problem most likely occurred because the vehicle is 11+ years old, and it seems like it would be able to be resolved by some WD-40, which probably isn’t the case but that’s what it seems like. I’m not sure if it’s JUST the steering or if there’s actually a bigger issue. The 04 Audi will create a sound similar to that of a bus when accelerating, but on a smaller scale. Does this mean any severe damage to the transmission?

Any help is appreciated as I’m not too educated on these types of issues!

I’ll play the part of the good Samaritan.

First off take the car to a shop that knows Audi’s and ask them to take a look at the power steering fluid level.
If there isn’t one around take it to any repair shop and ask the same question.
“Can You take a look at the power steering fluid level?”
If it needs fluid tell them to add the right kind.
Be prepared to pay them some money for this!

Second take the car to a transmission shop that works on Audi’s.
Ask them what it cost to look at the transmission. If You have the money DO IT!
If You can’t find a transmission shop that works on Audi’s take it to any transmission shop.
Ask them what it cost to look at the transmission. If You have the money DO IT!

Now some observations about Your post.
Not trying to be mean here.
Your subject should not be “2004 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0”.
In the “B6 A4” forum here at Audirevolution.net I would say 98% of us own an Audi A4 Quattro 3.0
ranging in years from 2002-2004. Even though the B6 platform is listed as 2000-2006 on Wikipedia.

If in doubt read other posts and use them as examples on how to post.
We are here to try and help.
Make it easier for Us to figure out what You need help with?

If this helps then good. If not then I tried…