2008 Audi S6 v10 misfiring( rocker popped off)

This is in regards to an old post i made. I just lost contact with the guy i was originally talking to on my original post.
Im just wondering if there is a way or method of snapping to rock back in place without removing the second layer of the head (that bolts down the camshafts). probably a stupid question but worth asking because removing it going to be a b*tch. Look like most people would have to remove the engine to get to the back bolts where the camshaft gears are. Plus i dont have the replacement gasket.

Here is where we left off on the original post:

hey how did you put the rocker back on? Mine popped off like yours and was sitting in the bottom of the head.

Quote from: eddiedellz on October 08, 2018, 10:54:52 AM
Quote from: jonathanholik on October 07, 2018, 11:04:49 PM
Quote from: eddiedellz on October 07, 2018, 03:00:36 PM
I just went through this. Just finished putting the car back together. Pull the valve cover and inspect the rocker on that valve. I had the rocker pop off. but also the exhaust cam spin.

wow small world huh? Im happy you shared and glad you told me to check the rocker. was the plastic stuck in your valve too and was it causing it to misfire?
Yes! I had a piece of intake manifold plastic holding the valve open. But when i pulled the valve cover i had damage not saying you will though. Also you need a special socket to spin the motor by hand.

The rocker just clips on the end of the hydraulic lifter. They can be popped on and off pretty easily. I probably pulled four of them off when I was taking my heads apart.

Here is a picture of one separated and one assembled.

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/612709883.jpg

Hey thanks. I actually got it back on. I pushed down on the valve with a pry bar and spun the engine by hand so the cam would give me room to position the rocker into place. once i released the pry bar it snapped down into place and its back on! the only thing im worried about is the little clip that holds the rocker and the lifter together was ruined. i have another that came loose but it doesnt seem like thats a big deal because they are so tight in there anyway. what do you think?

In normal operation, the clips are not doing much because as you say the rockers are held in there quite securely.

It is when something unusual happens like: something jams a valve open or a lifter bleeds down for some reason, that you want to have something to retain the rocker somewhat. Loose metal parts inside your rocker cover are never a good thing.

Did you have any damage to the cam? I’m glad you got it back on I had to pull the head because i had more damage

Hey yeah I might have some damage to the head ( that i caused). :-[ LOL
I just made this post about it.
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=4883.0