2010 Audi S4 vs 2014 Mercedes C63 AMG vs 2015 Camaro SS (friendly roll)

First off, I know the video sucks… Was suppose to be recorded by the hellcat chally but his cam didn’t work so a 6.4L Charger SRT played catch up and got it from behind.

I’ll share the results honestly… 40-13x roll, 39F

First Mods:

14 C63: OE ECU tune

15 Camaro SS: Tune, intake, headers, cam, corsa exhaust

10 S4: APR stg 2, dual pulley, intake… FBO, most probably know. 93/e85 on 100 octane APR map

Results:
We ran twice, got the first on video. Pretty much dead even with the C63 to 13x, had him by a 1/4 car… Camaro’s front bumper was near my rear door… Second race Merc took the hit and had me by a 1/4 car… The camaro was basically right next to me… All very close!

Conclusion:
This old 3.0L v6 can still keep up with these newer big 6.2L v8’s!
Can’t wait for the strip to open. Will be my last year with the car likely. Actually got an offer for the car on this night! Peaked someones interest with this run

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCbtucd_Wn4

Just for perspective, here’s the same camaro running with a mild ecu tune F10 m5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0LNyKj17k

Im pressive take down

Very Inpressive. A tuned f10 is no joke either. These are quick cars.

What’s next in your list for anew car?

Audi 3.0T supercharged V6 - first launched 2009
Mercedes 6.2L NA V8 - first launched 2006
lol

still it’s a great powerplant, the 3.0T. Highly effective those TVS blowers.

what gasoline were the other cars running? I’m guessing 93? Would be interesting to see how you’d do on a 93 tune with 93. I’d guess you’d be 6 cars back by 130. The Mercedes is a cool car. Wish it was AWD for our snow. I’d take your S4 10 times out of 10 vs. that car as someone who lives in the north, and even if not as I just love the assured traction AWD provides.

surprised, thought the c63 would have smoked you considering the 40 roll eliminates traction issues.

Believe it or not the 6.2 has evolved since its introduction. Not sure if this is the 507 edition, but here are even more changes there like forged Pistons different connecting rods etc. 450 if normal, 481 with or power pack, and 507 with the well 507 edition. Fairly considerable range for a NA car. The c63 black was 2012 only and 510 Hp btw.

I would say the Audi 3.0t changed much less :slight_smile: but again with a few k in mods it still is impressive to see it perform that well time in and time out from my perspective. Not a huge fan boy but it really is impressive even when you start comparing to the 4.0t.

Agreed up north s4 every time. But you can get e63s with awd, with a tune it will destroy all in lung the tuned f10 from dig or toll :wink:

Thanks justin!

Yes that f10 was running a dinan tune which is typically conservative compared to other tuners. That camaro is fast though, automatic too.
I’m considering the hellcat challenger

lol, yea I guess it’s been around for some time now… But others said they ran 93.

Forgot to mention I had a passenger (150lb) and others were driver only…

Agreed about straight 93. That is why I have only filled a half tank of it in the last year… Been running race gas but sourcing it is very annoying and I don’t want to deal with that anymore.

This is my first time trying a 93/e85 mix… Seems to perform as well as my usual 100 octane does. I’ll confirm that at Milan soon. Loe has me convinced that this is the way to go so hopefully it yields me some good results and I can ditch the race gas

I feel the same about RWD versus AWD for the most part… I also have a charger scat pack currently and I have to say that sending all that power to the rear wheels makes for a lot more fun in the warm months. Quattro is a treat in any weather especially when you’re making some decent power… Each has its pros/cons

I was equally surprised and happy I could hang with them!

All of that is irrelevant if it’s a modified C63. Modified C63 makes far more power than any of the factory cars. There are 10 second all motor C63 cars from 2010.

But thanks for the history lesson. There are C63 pp and 507 edition owners on this site. And on my street.

You are usually very informative, but some days it seems you have something stuck in you ass :wink:

Glad you know so many owners. I’m stating fact it’s not the same motor form 06, def minor hanged and more depending on trim. THANK YOU for the history lesson actually.

And on a more productive note, good feedback here.

Would be sweet to see a challenger hell cat on the board. It’s nice to have awd and rwd for sure.

I like c63 just wish it wasn’t so damn small!

F10 with a more aggressive tune is nice for sure, just not sure on longevity. And it looks like that Camaro is no joke!

Keep these threads coming

Thanks vtgt, glad some could appreciate the run even though the video was crappy…

I do plan to post more runs this season with other relevant performance cars as a benchmark with better videos.

Re: f10 m5 with tune. They can take more aggressive tunes without issue. My dad actually has been daily driving his tuned 2012 x5m since late 2011. It’s been dinan tuned for 40k miles and 12k miles with a Velos ECU+catless DP (more aggressive) without any issues. The “S63/S63tu” or 4.4TT V8 used in the x5/6M and m5/6 have proven to be quite reliable.

How many miles has he logged on his x5m. I remember when they first released them and I still had my e60, I visited the dealer a few times and they had basically disassembled a few of them trying to fix the motor and turbos, probably a handful off the assembly line but it scared me not from cost perspective but I feel I would be spending more time in a 3 series loaner the the m5…The f10 also felt boring to me when I drove it even when dialled in.

I’d give it another look if I could get a ride in a setup somewhat like you mentioned. I actually saw decent epics in higher mileage x5m which I considered buying just to mess around with assuming someone would eve warranty it over 70k miles :slight_smile:

Currently has 58k I believe. Tuned at 1200 miles. The earlier models had some injector issues that is now covered under a recall… Other than that, the only major repair is the timing chain around 85k miles which is a 3-4k job…

I’d steer clear of the 2010’s. By 2012 they ironed out the injector issues. 2013 is the best year because of the exterior enhancements. If you’re ever in michigan, you are more than welcome to try his out. He’s gonna try to break 11’s this season at Milan!

Nice I need tO get a proper test drive in with a tuned version of these cars with a nice e exhaust perhaps that will stir the soul. I miss the NA cars!