2013 RS5 CEL codes P2096, P2196, P2270

Hello all, I was hoping someone with experience or knowledge can help me out. I have a 60k miles rs5 2013. I get these three codes that keep coming back on after reset and driving of about 200-600 miles. Car seems to drive just fine however.

P2270: O2 sensor stuck lean bank 1 sensor 2
P2096: post catalyst fuel trim system bank 1 too lean
P2196: O2 sensor signal stuck rich bank 1 sensor 1

A mechanic has changed bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor but codes came back… per the mechanic, vcds shows all normal data logs.
If anyone has any info on this would greatly appreciate. Can also just text me 503 753 9498

Hey what’s up I’m Bryan , if you’re still having the issue with the car, I narrowed it down to my high fuel pressure pumps, I just ordered a pair, ecs tuning has the cheapest I can find, Once I have changed them I can update you on the status of the car.

Are you having the same CEL codes ? Yeah let me know I didn’t find the issue yet. I did check inside my right cat and found a small chunk of honeycomb mesh broken off and most likely lodged in the exhaust.

Yes my cel comes on here and there same codes you’re getting , are you having rough idles? And find that the car has issues starting back up when per say you have driven it for a while than go turn it back on after say 20 minutes? Those are the symptoms I’m getting, plus the codes

Emc29, what year is your car? RS5 or S5? How many miles on the car? When you scan the codes which one is giving the CEL and which ones are listed as Intermittent? The fault should log the time, date, rpm, etc…

hello hahnmgh63, Is A 2013 Audi rs5, 80k, p2270, p2196, P2090, p2096, the one giving me the cel is p2096
It’ll usually pop up every 200 miles or so, and as to time dates and rpms, not 100% sure I will run the obd again and send you recent data, thats info I didnt log, you have any suggestions ?

Pdxoregon and I were talking over on Audizine and I suggested he post here. He had done a lot of troubleshooting and I was thinking his O2 sensor may have been the problem but his mechanic had already swapped it out. So then I suggested he pull the front sensor and look at the front side of his Catalytic converter, after a video camera inspection through the front (B1 S1) hole the camera revealed a small piece of his converter was missing (broken off and dislodged? crumbled and downstream in dust?) His car has only 60k on it and from what I’ve seen, RS5 converters don’t last long. Some crumble into a fine powder and for the most part pass through the exhaust, some break off into larger pieces and can plug the exhaust. Not sure if JHM will pipe in here but so far they’ve reported that pretty much all RS5 converters they’ve removed for their header conversion have had some sort of damage. Pdxoregon now needs to inspect B1 S2 to see how that broken piece looks on the backside of the Cat and I’d suggest you inspect both of your Cats. The Federal emissions warranty was for 8yrs/80k so that just ran out on a 2013.

I will say “SHAMEFUL PLUG”, that I do have a set of 27k Headers/Cats off of my parts car for sale, a couple of guys interested but not solid commitments. With that said, there is a good chance these Cats will only be good until 60~80k miles too. I advertised them as a good core to send to JHM to have modified. It is an expensive propostion to sway them out as it requires engine removal or at least a 8~12" drop of the engine assembly. If you have to have emissions where you live I would probably go with Catless headers and a high quality aftermarket Cat plumbed in further downstream. As long as you get in a good long drive to heat them up you won’t have issues at an emissions station. By installing them right on the back of the header, Audi has them heat up very fast and helps the Federal emissions cold start cycle pass, not necessary for any state mandated emissions that I know of. And by heating them up so fast and right in the immediate blast from the headers it also causes the Catalytic converters to wear out much faster. So if you have a 2014 or 2015 and need your Cats in the States you may want to double check you pass emissions and if not apply through Audi for the 8yr/80k Federal emissions warranty before it’s too late.