2014 Audi RS5 replacement battery coding

So … why am I here?

I thought i’d save some money and some time. I don’t think I have saved either!!! But my adventure has led me here and now I need some help (I’ve read other posts on coding a new batter for my 2014 RS5 but I still seem lost).

I picked up a new battery (a Duracell from Batteries + … my first mistake? hope not).

I cannot for the life of me get this thing coded property. I can see the serial number and the part number … but what is the damn manufacturer code for this battery? East Penn Manufacturing makes these automotive batteries for Duracell (I tried EPM as a code … i suspect that is not correct) .

Part number: SLI95RAGM
Serial number: 4082105593

I am suspect of the part number even though the sticker on the battery provides it (not 11 digits as per the VCDS videos I watched). I believe the serial number is complete (the leading “8” and trailing “9” are not part of it from everything I see online and it has it’s the correct number of digits per VCDS).

(I was not able to attach more than one pic b/c I’m a new user … on the side of the battery there is a graphic code that looks like a QR code but it is not. It has the following numbers underneath it:

I’m lost. I thought this was going to be easy after watching several youtube videos on VCDS programming.

i’d love some help! And thanks in advance.

Only OEM batteries have a proper part number and serial number to code it in the car module. For aftermarket batteries you have to “make it up”.

It’s a 105 AH AGM battery, therefore you should try one of these:
105Ah - (AGM) 4L0915105 / 000915105CF

Remember it has to have 11 characters, so for the first of these codes, you need to put in two spaces.

Vendor code does not matter, pick any and it will run.

Serial number needs to have 10 digits. These can be anything, i personally put a date and two random numbers.

In total, you have to have 26 characters.

Example:
4L0915105 VA0 0202400601
000915105CF VA0 1234567891

You can try copying one of these two examples, both should work. Sometimes, in vendor code VA0, you will have to change the “0”, to “O”

Thank you for the quick response … that helps and makes sense. Really appreciate the help

DK

Read through this post:

Check out my post #12. The important parts are whether or not it’s a conventional or AGM battery, at what the actual Ah is. Sometimes the real Ah is something you have to find on the manufacturers page as the advertising guys post CA and CCA and other numbers which really mean nothing but look like bigger numbers for advertising. Then just pick one that matches. If you do want to spend the money and save 40+lbs of weight, go for a LifePO4 battery. Equal or more Ah, emergency restart, and lightweight. If you go this route contact Ape on here or go to Redmist Racing as he is a dealer and gets you a discount over retail, still pricey but I’m into weight savings, got one in my S5, RS5, old 911, and old 944T.
Try this one:
105Ah– (AGM) 4L0915105 / 000915105CF