2014 RS5 Cabriolet Cowl Shake

I wanted some feedback from other cabriolet owners. Let me give you some background information.

When the RS5 cabriolet was first available from 2013 through 2015, I was not really in the market for that type of a car. So I never got to test drive it brand new from the dealership to see how it rides and feels. The first test drive I had was a little over 10 months ago in a 2015 with approximately 78,000 miles. When I test drove that particular car, I noticed that as I was accelerating, there was a shaking feeling. It wasn’t there all the time and I would notice it more on rough roads and usually when travelling over 30mph. This was the first time in all my years of driving that I had experienced this type of feeling. It was also the first time that I had driven a convertible. It was for sale at a used car dealership and of course the salesman had no idea what I was talking about or didn’t have an explanation. I just assumed that because of high mileage, the car had some suspension problems or because it was a cabriolet (no solid roof so less support) this problem/characteristic was specific to a convertible.

I purchased my 2014 RS5 Cabriolet sight unseen from Wisconsin (15,000 miles on the car). So I never got the test drive it before I actually purchased it. But it has that same shaking that I felt in the previous car that I test drove. At least the problem/characteristic is consistent but I’m wondering what the shaking is from. I don’t think it’s a strut issue but I’m wondering what other part could be causing this problem. Checked the alignment and balancing. They look good. But I don’t think those would be the cause of this type of problem anyway. Control arms look good. My vehicle is stock except for wheel spacers and resonator delete. The shaking was there before those two modifications. It doesn’t matter if the roof is up or down. Tires have less than 7,000 miles on them. They’re the stock wheels. This happens whether the car has been driving for 5 minutes or 1 hour. I take the same route to work everyday so yes the shaking happens whenever the road surface is uneven. I don’t mean potholes I just mean if the street is not perfectly evenly paved you feel the shaking. But when the pavement is perfectly straight, the car drives very smooth.

I dug around on the internet and found a couple of posts from different forums that suggested adjusting the tire pressure on the car to reduce the amount of the shaking feeling. I adjusted my tire pressure to 33. This adjustment really helped. Obviously the shake is still there but I feel it much less.

I did some more research. Here is what I found. (https://ultraracing-usa.com/rs5-8t-2...trut-2-points/ https://ultraracing-usa.com/product/…-8t-2007-2016/, https://ultraracing-usa.com/rs5-8t-2...trut-2-points/). I ordered both the strut tower brace and the 4 point Middle Lower Bar Center Member Brace. Anyone have any experience with these options?

Any other suggestions from fellow Cab owners?

How did those mods work out for you?
I have a 2014 Cab and I don’t think I am necessarily experiencing what you are….but I am not sure. I do notice a lack of rigidity when I drive over extremely uneven surfaces or hit hard bumps. I also notice the same when I am making hard turns at higher speeds. So I am considering some or all of the mods that you mentioned.
Let me know.
Thanks!