2015 RS5 Brake Rotors & Pads

I posted awhile ago about a misfiring cylinder issue, which ultimately ended with the engine needed pulled and the heads sent out to a machine shop. After 15 months of waiting for the mechanic to get his shit together I finally received my car back in June of this year, but because he had let it sit so long the rotors were rusted to shit and I’m in need of new brakes. I did drive it for the last 2 months when the weather was nice, but the rotors and pads are completely shot. I searched around other posts, but I couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for so I decided to make a post of my own.

I have 3 questions:

Should I replace both front and rear pads and rotors?

I currently have ECS rotors, but considering they don’t make replacement rings anymore I’m open to changing them. I really wish I could swap to the surface transform rotors, but at this point in time that’s not an option for me monetarily. I’m mainly looking at JHM rotors and using ECS again. What have your experiences been with either, and what would you suggest the best route would be?

I don’t know what pads I have on currently, but I’ve been looking at Carbotech 1521 and Hawk 5.0 pads. Doe anyone have any experiences with either, or any other suggestions how to proceed?

Thanks in advance,

• Luke

These are the part #'s for the C5 RS6 front brake rotors which are interchangeable with the RS5. They can usually be had for a little cheaper than RS5 scalloped rotors and are actually a better design as the cooling vanes are directional, hence separate Right/Left part #'s. They are not scalloped but are cross drilled.
4B3 615 301 E
4B3 615 302 A

Thanks for the heads up!

If you haven’t purchased rotors yet, I can get you a deal on the JHM rotors. Your pads are likely fine but I’d take a look at Carbotech 1521 pads if you can swing it. Just shoot me an email, sales@redmistracing.com.