2018 RS5

Your making assumptions again. It is not that easy of a comparison.

A good way to explain this in simple terms for you is like this. New Audis come with a certain mileage from the factory because the factory test drives the cars to make sure that everything is correct. Typically any normal A/S/Q model comes with 11-13 miles as a R8 comes with between 50-60 miles. A V10 R8 is getting close to that low end Bentley price tag new. I can’t tell you how many hours are spent looking the car over for quality control but it isn’t a simple ten times the normal amount for a basic Audi. Plus I have seen my fair share of Bentleys, Lamborghinis, and even a Bugatti with issues from the factory.

It was funny though, the Bugatti owner called to complain and the customer service person asked when is a good time to send someone out to fix it, really quick into the phone call.

What’s wrong with the name? Giulia? or Quadrafoglio? I think that means 4 sheets which doesn’t make sense. Maybe my Italian isn’t so sharp.

You’re right it does sound pretty tough. It’s a 6 cylinder that doesn’t sound horrible I will give it that. It’s not a V though.

the motor trend guy was guessing that the manual transmission flunked the crash testing done in america that’s the reason they dumped it and just went auto

they didn’t have time to redesign/retest.

Yup heard the same^ still a small let down

So a turbo V8 also sounds like shit. What cars are you guys recommending if you’re not impressed by the RS5?

There’s the Lexus LC500 with the NA V8. Sounds fantastic. $95k is a lot more than a loaded RS5. Lexus quality should be better. It’s a lot more distinctive of a GT car. But can we really get behind a Lexus? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_ESngxFEY

A Cayenne Turbo sounds pretty stick but $200k.

C63AMG coupe but I have a hard time wanting to pay more than a C43 9 speed for a C class. Honestly, it would take a lot of convincing for me to jump from an S5 coupe @ $59k equipped, to an RS5 coupe likely at $75k. The motor would have to blow my mind because I know I can tune it and get the same results.

I like the new 991.2 for driving and response, but hearing a few around the city while walking has been underwhelming. Lots of turbo whoosh instead of NA 6 cylinder thunder.

Well some car mags really liked the rcf and gsf, NA 5.0 v8, sounds great, performance slightly slower but the handling is decent I’ve heard

the problem with a naturally aspirated engine is that in order to keep up in this horsepower war where the entry level required is pushing 500 hp is that you either need to go giant displacement (6.2 AMG style) or you need to go stratospheric RPMs in the 9000 range (ferrari style)… or you need to give up and go turbo/supercharger.

With CAFE up everyone’s ass I think we’re going to just have to forget about NA V8 cars for 20 years or so as far as new product is concerned.

The lexus GSF is 10 years late. It’s also about 100 hp short of its competitors for a start.

what turbo V8 sounds like shit? They sound good but they’re usually just muted by the exhaust sound robbing turbos. The Audis and AMGs turbo V8s are solid sounding.

Agreed, yup Lexus IS late to the game so funny. When I was there about 10 years ago they were trying to get sportier and for the longest time the rumor was that the gsf was going to have a derivative of the LFA v10.

I was saving my pennies for that car, then when it came out like 5 yrs after when we all thought it was coming out it was a decent showing but yeah not enough. The older is300 was slow but pretty fun in manual as well.

I still think the rcf, gsf, and even the older isf are very underrated and under appreciated for what they are. As long as your not in the HP wars it might be worth a look it will undoubtedly be more reliable then most other sportier cars and much more rare as most people completely write them off. Only drawback is it literally took companies like 5 years to write an aftermarket tune for those that wanted to install headers and exhausts Witt hi flow or catless setups.

Agreed that Mercedes has gotten right and def Audi as well with the rs7. I think some others are catching on as well as to how to make a nice sounding 8 cyl with forced induction.

The new C63AMG is the only decent sounding, sportscar TTV8. The Audi is whisper quiet and the BMW even all murdered out in Dinan is a joke. The Audi/BMW are luxury cruiser motors. I think a Porsche H6 puts them to shame in terms of presence in a field of cars idling along.

Fake news http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/interviews/a32946/spykers-koenigsegg-engine-is-an-absolute-powerhouse/

Haha so fake :raised_hand:

I’m not sure if I’d drive the B9 S4 and think “this is enough” or if an RS5 would completely ruin it, once you tried it.

I think I prefer this interior to the B9 S4 in gray alcantara.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170322/985ff795f54f15129fbf36cdfc351853.jpg

I don’t like how the mouse/dial thing is way up there. I sit way back and like the way Audi had it where you could just reach it from the armrest.

Exactly! WTF is that…dislocate my fukin shoulder and flex my wrist over the shifter to operate it.

Then just change that shit from the steering wheel or the voice command. There is like 4 redundant ways to do everything in that car.

Looks pretty good to me in US spec.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170329/09ba697480080141d96c7ceb0854d5ad.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170329/f9e848e91eca138d2f8ebc59b27e3a1a.jpg

https://cars.usnews.com/static/images/Auto/izmo/360660/2014_ford_fusion_angularfront.jpg

Still shocked why Audi would copy a 2014 Ford Fusion ???

Clearly, you’ve never rented a Ford Fusion at the airport. The scale of these cars is completely different, although everything looks the same from a keyboard. A $50k coupe vs. a $20k Detroit git-r-done special. Sync version 5 will still drive you insane. Sadly, the Fusion is their best sedan. The 500 (or Taurus) is so bad.