7500rpm Redline too High?

Whats the general consensus for maximum (safe) redline? I currently have longtube headers and have a full R8 intake manifold with larger throttle bodies i intend to install to get more air in.

I was toying with 7,500rpm today and it was glorious, but if it needs to be toned down (or up) I’m game.

1 Like

I’ve god the JHM stage 1 and are waiting for stage 2. Readline is moved to around 7200.

Did you move it to 7500? :open_mouth:

Crazy what dropping 500lbs will do. We’re only on the 2nd power revision, but I think 7200 like you said will be a nice, safe stopping point.

2 Likes

1 Like

Sheeeesh!

To the OP, “R8 Intake Manifold” Please do explain.

1 Like

I have an upper and lower Audi R8 5.2 intake manifold… the throttle bodies are 3.5" instead of the 3" found on the S6/S8.

They can move more air in…

That is epic! Can you provide a bit more detail on how the manifold was installed? The R8 manifold was install on an S6 correct?

Nevermind! I see you video from above! Still more details would be amazing

Its a 1995 S6 with a 5sp 01e and a 5.2 pulled from a 2007 S6 running RS4 rear timing cover, flywheel, and clutch kit.

Full thread can be had here: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/912367-URS6-Avant-5-2

As for the R8 intake manifold, its pretty straight forward. The factory intake manifold and fuel rail come off and this takes its place.

Looks clean! Killer work overall man, such a badass build. So in the video above you are still running the stock S6 intake manifold.

Holy shit that is beautiful.

Only revving to 7000rpm here, it wants to just keep pulling.

And yes, stock intake manifold until the hard tuning is done.

Do you have part number for these r8 parts?

We’ve settled on 7200rpm as the limiter, the car is already 500lbs lighter than the C6 chassis so that plus the manual transmission… MONEY.

Subscribed yesterday as this one showed up in my YT list… insane build and sound :+1: :drooling_face:
Congrats :grin: :sunglasses:

Btw. Why not show the neighbors how to build a “proper” lawnmower… now that you have a 5.2 spare? :rofl:

Did you ever tried to move the RPM limiter a little higher that 7200?

If I drag 1st gear and floor it at 5-6k rpm I can trick the gearbox to go higher.
I’ve seen 7800rpm and it’s a like nothing else.

Pulls like hell and sounds like a Lamborghini!

1 Like