89 Mustang GT

You’ve piqued my interest Jake…

Haha JHM showing their roots. So the V2 will net… what 400 at the wheels? Is that enough for 10s

PM Replied!

the V2 is just like the V3, its just not a self contained oil system like the V3. Blower is rated for 775HP

I was just basing that on a quick internet search of similar cars with that blower… if you say 775 then that’s going to be mayhem!

Yeah! It all depends on pulley sizing and supporting mods too. But it will DEFINITELY make that horse gallop.

Info on blower: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30007

Maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors came in Friday. Hopefully I’ll get them welded in this week and I’ll be ready to spray it by the end of the month. A zex 125 shot wet kit should suffice until I get the funds for a new top end and the snail. I’ll be adding on a few extra pieces to the basic kit (window switch, fuel pressure cutoff, and a few other safety measures) for a bigger safety window. Really goes to show how much of a bargain the JHM kit is as I won’t have machined plates or the like on mine but the price will still end up close. Gotta do it nice or do it twice though.

This whole not being able to edit is a pain in my ass. Here are the connectors.

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/275669926.jpg

Moar updates

Sorry Beem, snowboarding season consumes all my free time. 408 stroker and forged rotating assembly done and awaiting transplant, still debating a set of TFS high ports or a set of AFRs to top it off and saving funds for the turbo setup. Now that its not a DD considering gutting caging and tubbing it. We’ll see come summer time.

Been a while, I know. Not a big deal since Beem is the only one interested. Decided to forgo the ford shit entirely and LS swap it. I bought a Gen III 5.3 iron block complete for $400 and a built 4L60E for behind it for 1600. heads went to TEA for a stg 2.5 job tick performance stg 2 turbo cam arp hardware gm ls9 head gaskets blah blah blah. pretty typical of most builds. So far Im about halfway through the swap, AJE K member holley dominator standalone efi flex fuel capable on3 turbo setup with Borg s475 snail. Cant post pics as im at work but ill get around to it if there’s any interest.

Now I am interested ;D

trying to have everything together and race ready for street car takeover in July. Hoping for high 9’s optimistically and still some semblance of streetability.

I deffinitly would love to hear more. I just never posted. It would be great to have you post up what you have done and how the car is doing.

Pretty cool project. How common is an LS swapped fox?

more and more common nowadays. brand purists tend to scoff, but for what I had tied up in just a ford based bottom end I now have an engine and transmission that will hold more power and is lighter to boot. not counting the price of the car itself ill be just around 4K for what I hope will be a 9 second car that’s streetable. cant do that with ford shit.

Incredibly common…it just makes too much sense to LS swap it. Parts are so plentiful and the LS motors make great power. The 5.3l iron truck blocks are pretty well known to hold 800-1000hp and the interchangeability of heads and other parts really makes it possible to build on a small budget. There are multiple companies that make all the parts necessary for a bolt in swap too (K member, transmission cross member, mounts).

I almost bought a really clean foxbody roller a few years ago, did all kinds of research, but the car couldn’t be titled and I wanted a nice street/strip car, not just a racer.

Keep us updated Johnny, I like any build 4 rings or not.

I still want to build an LS one of these days. I would want like a 1970s Datsun 240z to put it in

A kid I know from back home is building this car for a customer…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGSit3ZNqY8

Oh that is a nice one!