AC oil

Does the S8 use a specific type of oil in the refrigerant/Audi specific? Or generic R134 oil is ok?
Evacuating my AC system at work next week and want to make sure i put in the same amount of fresh oil.

Thanks!

The S8 uses the same compressor that the S4 and RS4 use. I use PAG 46 B134a. And have been using it for years with no issues. And our compressors are tricky. So far no issues.

A helpful tip. Make sure to put a small amount in the compressor before installing. I split the amount from compressor and the fill side.

Thanks. I will be using the machine at work which catches the oil in a jar so you knwo exactly how much came out. It wont be much but that amount I will put back into the compressor with clean oil.

Thanks,

edit: this one should be fine yes?
https://www.amazon.com/FJC-2484-PAG-Oil-fl/dp/B0002JMEJ4/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=GPHQSS5A7ERTJHF807SJ#customerReviews

I don’t know how much different B134a is than R134a is but that would be the one thing that sticks out for me.

A good guy to ask on this is jimmybones. He has had his AC system up and down with like 4 different kinds of AC fills. IMHO he would have some extreemly good Ideas on what you can and can’t do. As the S4 and S6 compressor units are 100% the same.

And since it requires you remove the motor in some cases to be able to get to the AC system. I always add just a toutch more oil and make sure to put in in both locations to make sure the system is not dry anywhere.

I have actually never even heard of B135a…doesnt make sense to me… google returns no hits. hopefully jimmychimes in soon.
Usually the compressor manufacturer dictates the viscosity of the oil, and the oil needs to be compatible with the refrigerant (R134a in our case).
Thanks,
Greg

I did some follow up and the hard copy Audi tech manual I have says B.

With that being said. I don’t know that there would be any issues if you drained the entire system and added R with the proper amount of oil.

I’ll keep looking and see what else I can come up with.

After looking R should be fine. That’s the most standard

thanks for confirming. I wonder if B is the European nomenclature or something?