Air filter change intervals B8.5

Do you guys know “what is up” with the very short change intervals for the air (intake) filters (20000 miles/30000 kms)? Have you thought of any reason – I am pretty sure there must be justifiable one, but not sure what. It seems most if not all the faster models had 20.000 mile intervals, but it is has been increased to 40000 miles in 2017 for the RS7 etc it even says also "A8 TDI, A8 3.0T, A8 4.0T and Q5 TDI)
1) The S8 4.0L V8 TFSI engine is not included in this interval. It must be performed first at 60,000 miles and thereafter every 60,000 miles." It is not that similar a filter on those models, though, as the rs5, for which it looks much like the air filter for the other b8 models with 55k .

Is the aftermarket options interval the same as stock?

I am going to change and take them out and have a look at the used ones. Cannot figure this one out, unless it was only perfomance/not overheating the engine or similar.

From what I have seen the more successful the ram air dam is on cars for performance the sooner they require changing. Also the size of the filter in relationship to that as well.

The interval is usually based on contamination assumed in X amount of miles.

This is my first post, so I just want to say what’s up to everyone. The Air filer is the option I have much interest in. I have just purchased the K&N filters and wan to know what experience(s) owners have had with them. I have had my B8 RS5 for about 6 months. I did get the car up to date on all services up to 70k miles, even though I just rolled onto 60k. So main things done were S-tronic service and rear differential all done. Now comes the performance installs, which will probably never end. Any info on K&N or other options would be welcomed.

Better to make your own post rather than a comment on someone else’s. See you there.

I have been using the K&N engine air filters on customers’ V8 RS5s since 2016 and they work great. The filters catch all the same dust/dirt/contaminates that the factory filters do and are vastly cheaper long-term with the recharge kits to clean, reoil, and reuse. Plus the RS5s don’t have Mass Air Flow sensors that could be damaged by overoilling the filters unlike the other FSI 4.2 V8s.