Aluthman's Intro and Build thread

Bro it will kill my car. I may only run 14’s but I’m making 700whp and launching will snap all four of my axles and all my synchronizer rings and probably 3 gears minimum…

Id be into that.

“Then shit got a little crazy:”

Awesome.

Welcome, nice build, lots of good advice on here. Regarding the tune, respect for giving it a go. However, for true speed results, I agree with some of the above regarding getting a pro to do it. cory_can is on here with a B8. He chose his bits and pieces and then got into the 12’s (12.8@106) which is in a full service B8 with air ride. The tune wasn’t custom IIRC, just an off the shelf APR K04 tune. Hopefully he will chime in with some of his experiences.

Our ECU’s are very good at adapting. Yours would be ME7.1 I think? I wonder if any of the JHM/uni/APR tunes might fit?

Unfortunately, no. The engine was pulled by a local shop called Swift Performance. The engine was bored, balanced and assembled by their machinist. It seems as though he did a damn fine job because I have had ZERO issues with the motor since the build almost 20k miles ago. I wasn’t ready to build my engine myself at that point. I didn’t have the time or tools. I did plan out the build on my own though. My next stage will be done by me however. I’m currently leaning towards an EFR 7163 and I want to get an Aquamist direct port meth setup, preferably installed in the new IE intake manifold if it ever comes out.

Attached is a third gear pull log from earlier today. I think the temps are to blame for the low timing advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-yAXFRgF4t1QnhNb0xsdTVHd2s/edit?usp=sharing

^trying via mobile, but it saying I need to request access to view.

Also, good news on the motor build. I know that’s always an exciting but a little bit Scary time to make sure you’re not going to have oil or other issues after the build bc one little thing wasn’t done right.

I’ll try to get a cleaner log later this week. I want to make a few tweaks to the tune yet for the warmer weather. All of my initial tuning was done in cold weather, so now I’m having to change a lot of stuff. My plan is to get it the way I want it for 80 degree weather and it should run like a bat outta hell in the fall/winter.

Just fixed the privacy settings. It should work now, although I don’t know about on a phone.

Integrated engineering manifold? Ain’t nobody got time for that.

fusor plus four 1/8t npt bungs…maybe cost you $40, and you can keep the stock manifold. I just inject post throttle body and post intercooler, didn’t want that mess of hoses in my engine bay. But if you do get it, make sure to get a solenoid attached directly to the distribution block so that you don’t drain out all that liquid.

The Aquamist kit works differently than other meth kits. The pump maintains a continuous pressure in bypass mode and flow is controlled by a “fast-acting valve”. Think of it as another injector with duty cycle controlled by the meth controller. There is no need for a solenoid to prevent siphoning.

That sounds the same then. I mean an injector is a solenoid, so it sounds like the pump just maintains pressure instead of only pressurizing when it is on, and then the solenoid opens and closes as directed by the controller, then the pump turns on to build pressure again. thats a pretty cool design.

From the description:

"The system reads the fuel flow (IDC) and manifold pressure signals (MPS) from the engine management system as the prime source to control the flow of water. This enables perfect balance of water to fuel flow under all engine loads.

A PWM valve, or Fast Acting Valve(FAV) in Aquamist terms controls the delivery rate based on the signal from the HFS-3 controller. A constant line pressure bypass style pump from Aquatec produces a steady and constant 160psi line pressure for the system. The system works similarly to most modern fuel injection systems. This pump and PWM valve combination ensure a wide dynamic range is available to give the most accurate delivery across the widest load range."

It seems to be way better than all the other meth systems on the market (which all seem to be more or less the same thing).

Make sure to test the crap out if it, iirc people were having a lot of problems with that kit.

Most of the time when you set it up you’re just using IDC. That’s how mine is setup. Using both gets a bit messy/complicated for standard builds not going for crazy power etc. But yes, the aquamist kit is very nice and well thought out.

soooo Adam…what else is new?

I bought Arjun’s valve cover to paint up. I’m also gonna give the PCV to DP another go, but with the new setup. I want to buy a TIG welder sooo bad. I was eyeballing the HoboFreight one, but it only does DC and I want to weld aluminum.

I love my thermal arc 186

Sad panda…

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a129/2fast4sanity/image_zpsd1dd3a1a.jpg

Tell him to eat a bag of dicks because he is being a diva…and then to make an FSI manifold.

Just talked a buddy and I might have an efr in the next couple weeks to make a mani.

You mean to make multiple manifolds, right?