AMS now offering...

http://gtr.alphaperformance.com/alpha-builds/amsalpha-performance-twin-turbo-r8-package

cool

Hope they do a no-motor-build option and tell us how much power the motor is comfortable with. Turbo torque should hit hard so we will get lots of interesting info from that.

edit: shit, just V10

the R-tronic trans held 800 whp/500 wtq?

I can probably get inside info like that. I have a good friend that works there. And I live 5 minutes away

I haven’t seen any detailed specs yet BUT, AMS is known for tearing into every crevise and reinforcing when going big power. The GTR is a good example of this. The good news is they usually start with a no build option (Alpha 6 and 9 for GTR’s) then work their way up over time. By the time you get to Alpha 12 you are built engine and built trans.

I bet this kit for the 5.2L is stock internals and stock tranny. If my guess is right that is an eye opener imo as far as the trans is concerned.

I just took a closer look at the dyno sheets, it states stock motor / stock trans. I missed that earlier, looks like the R-tronic help up at this power level. They may come back in a few months and say they discovered a weak link and highly recomment building the trans etc. Part of the R&D process so it’s good to find out before customers learn the hard way.

Joe any info from your friend? BTW, what a great job and place to work. AMS is killing it.