Anyone familiar with these guys?

Will go with apr, but still reading lots and learning… Saw these results today…

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5963902-United-Motorsport-TT-RS-Software-Officially-Released

You have a TTRS?

It’s on-order…

For some reason I thought they were big in the gti world, but they’re nowhere to be seen on the 1/4 mile list:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4930783-Official-1-4th-Quarter-Mile-Drag-Strip-Times.

That list may give you a hint as to who’s doing well in the transversely mounted turbocharged world lol.

Fastest stock turbo gti 12.97@103

Why did I think they were quicker

Maybe kerb weight of 3400lbs? I think high 12’s is pretty good considering stock is 15 @ high 90’s.

There are some cars on drag radials on that list as well.

Can’t wait to see what PT is going to do with his ttrs…

bango, thanks for the link! I signed up on Vortex as it seems to be the most active TT-RS forum that I have found… Believe it or not QW is fairly active as well…

Looking forward to seeing what this car does as well… Not alot of 1/4 mile times or general acceleration data that I have found… Joneze who lives in Columbus and I plan on meeting up with this spring/summer has been to the strip and ran a 12.2x at 116.x with tune and downpipe on pump… He only made a few passes and doesn’t sound like he was to hard on the car… I would hope with tune, exhaust, and larger front mount HE I could go mid to high 11’s on race gas… Will need to get used to the car and shifting again! LOL I plan to run this car on race gas all the time as well so that should help…

didn’t say it’s not good, just the I remember someone saying how they were low 12s @ 110. Maybe I was thinking for stage 3 k04 cars

nice congrats

ya those APR Stage 3 plus GTi’s are fast. I raced my friends MK6 with a stage 3 plus, we were dead even till about 100 and his car started pulling pretty nicely after 100, I was very surprised. Also I raced a stock TTRS 3 times on the highway and when I was in 5th gear I beat him by half a car and when I was in 4th gear for the next 2 races I beat him by 1.5-3 car lengths. Funny thing is I was in San diego the week after for a big car show, and the guy had came down 130 miles and found me and wanted to shake my hand for the good race. I was trying to convince him to get an APR chip but he was being really reluctant.

Prime- UM is also a great tune, at least it was for my MKV R32, and I know it’s great for the new Golf R. Jeff Atwood (he was main tuner at C2 motorsports and left to start own company) is probably one of the best tuners out there, especially for these motors/turbos. And if you are looking for custom work- he is the man.

He did wonders for my R32 before (custom dyno tuning) and also tunes for E85 setups/ DSG madman too.

[quote=“tsivas27,post:11,topic:4121”]
Tsivas, Thanks! That is nice to know… Hadn’t heard of them so figured I would inquire… I’m still doing all my due dilligence/reading on these cars but APR has treated me very well and Arin is always responsive to my needs so I am 99% sure I will stick with them unless there is a very compelling reason not to… Just excited to get the damn car and I have to wait another 3 months or so… Also, got your email appreciate the heads up on that…

yea Prime, UM is legit. their DSG tunes are out of control good. plus Jeff Atwood will happily work with you to get the most out of your beast.

Thanks! will have to at least talk to them and see as you know I want maximum powahhhh but not at the risk of grenading the motor… Plan to run race gas full time once tuned with this car also…

Got a concerning post on QW that Audi has decided not to make more TT-RS’s and is canceling all pending orders… Got a call into the dealer to confirm/deny as not sure how creidble the source is? I’ll be so pissed and will be forced to buy one on a lot or used… Will see what the dealer says… Here’s the link…

http://forums.quattroworld.com/tt2/msgs/26352.phtml

Heard back from the dealer and they said I am fine and will get the car… Build week of March 25th is assigned…

They’re officially out of production as of today (no more allocations)

You’ll have one of the latest ones. My rs4 is extremely late as well.

Saki, That’s cool… Mine is scheduled for week 13 and I heard week 15 is the last production week or the 2nd week of April, not sure if that is true or not… The guy on QW is schedule for week 14 so I guess it could be true? Can I ask where you heard your information, just curious… Thanks!