Anyone think the 4.0TT will ever make it's way into the R8?

You guys think Audi would ever put the 420HP S6/S7 version of the 4.0TT into the R8?

I think the V10 still has it’s exotic market while the R8 V8TT could put a nice hit on Corvette and Viper sales as well as GTR sales…

I think it would be epic…

Tune/Full Exhaust and DSG and the R8 would run 10’s on pump.

I think they had a turbo engine in the r8 and it burnt to the ground during testing once or twice.

Not sure. They phased out 4.2 fsi from the a8 for a detuned 4.0t. Anythings possible but the sports car nature of the r8 goes well with na.

That’d kill sales for the V10 I think (and lambo). Agreed the v10 is exotic, and I personally would rather have the motor from the rs7/s8 in there, but I’m not lining up at Audi with my checkbook either, so my opinion doesn’t matter much.

I think one of the coolest “common” builds out there is the UR TT V8 R8. Just seems like the power a car that good looking really deserves.

You also have to think, Audi doesn’t want to encroach too much on lambo’s sells of the ultra performance cars. And I really really don’t see lambo putting a TT motor any anything short of their flagship cars, not the gallardos. A TT R8 could have a strong possibility of swaying the horsepower junkies away from buying a new gallardo or the such. A TT R8 would compete really nicely with the 911turbo/GT2. It’d be really cool to see them go up against that.

Car manufactures are really really good at leaving the model below just a hair shy of the next model up. Sometimes they spend more efforts keeping the lower end models from being too good to protect the next model up (335 vs M3, Cayman S vs 911 Carrera, C63 vs E63, S7/RS7 vs S8, etc).

It’s too wide. Doesn’t fit.