APR R8 TVS1740 Supercharger System Released

Glad to hear no issues so far. how many miles did he have on the car before install and how many since install (if you happen to know). Just curious.

Wish I knew, sorry…he got it on sometime in the fall and then put the car down for the winter. So probably not a lot of miles on the blower, maybe something like 5k miles max? Car is definitely a toy to him.

Have one of these local me as well, pretty damn quick, but like drob23 I was a passenger, so kind of hard to tell, I was intrigued to find out its only running around 7psi compared to almost 16psi on the RS kit?

Also no issues on his, but he’s only had it for about 3-4 weeks now.

Really? why such low psi? Im assuming he isnt making NEAR the claimed HP then? I wonder if they have him dialed back from the piston ring issue ive heard about.

frankly I think all customer cars were dialed back CONSIDERABLY from what APR advertised.

APR advertised 500 whp and 125 mph trap speeds on pump gas at 500 feet of DA.

A customer with 1/4 mile experience and good driving skills, including ALL modifications required to make power (clutch, LW rotating parts, full 2.75" catless exhaust) ran his car and also trapped 125 mph…however he did so in -2800 feet od DA. The delta between the two cars ()APR test car and the customer car) would amount to about 40-50 hp, or about 4-5 MPH of trap speeds. IF the customer had run in +500 feet of DA he would be lucky to trap 121-122 MPH. Something you’d run with 450 whp or so.

Another customer dyno’d his car at an independant dyno and made only 450 whp, but on race gas. This was after 034 motorsports installed a new engine for him, as the APR kit blew his original engine within a couple of weeks of installation.

All in all, the message appears to have gotten through to APR and AMD and they appear to be dialing the kits back (AMD are also selling a kit that is a shell of what they advertised, with customers dynoing 425 whp and running high 11s @ 120-121 mph instead of 500 whp and running low 11s @ 125-126 mph like AMD advertised on the initial AMD customer test car)

Funny thing is the first company to buy an RS4 and supercharge it (JHM ) for 20,000+ testing miles is the only one not to release a big power kit yet to the public. That same company knew 3 years ago what 500 whp and high boost does to an RS4 engine (they showed me when I visited them in 2013). Unfortunately they couldn’t share their R&D especially after APR and AMD rushed their kits to market and posted great 1/4 mile times at what we now know are dangerous power levels. It would just look like JHM was having sour grapes to piss on the accomplishments of their competitors. So JHM has continued with their low boost kit and their built motor program, while being criticized by morons for not being quick enough to market a kit that kills the engine. The fucking irony.

It’s great to see jhm taking the customer protection side over the profit side. Now it’s clear why jhm hasn’t said more about the stage 2 RS4 kit. Once again great things from jhm. And a big laugh I’m the face of the few that questioned or gave jhm a hard time about not getting a stage 2 option out for the RS4.