APR TTRS stage 3 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNklpt8CVW4

Did anybody see this yet?

I loaded the video up…saw that it was Matt farrah or whatever his name was, and closed the window.

It’ll be 10 minutes of ‘OMG THIS THING IS FAST!’ and ‘YOU HAVE TO FEEL HOW FAST THIS CAR IS’! and ‘CHECK OUT THE DYNO!’

They’ll do zero actual testing…just a lot of butt dynoing to promote the kit for APR and give their channel some air time. Yawn. Take it to the fucking strip or buy a pbox and strap it on for some testing .

Hopefully I’m wrong.

I agree with the Matt Farrah comments. He dug a pretty deep grave in my book when he did the VF promotional video for the S4 & RS4. That was right in the hay-day of VF’s scam being exposed and everyone realizing what was up, but his video was a scripted promotion for VF (or so it seemed at least).

However, that show “Tuned” has been pretty entertaining. I’ve only seen a couple videos, but it’s nice to see some great cars stock, get a review after some light-medium modifications. A lot of newer cars have a lot left in them, but their just buttoned down by restrictive ECU’s, or exhaust design, etc. I think it’s good to see a show where cars are tested after some modifications that many enthusiasts might already be considering before even purchasing the car.

Like we said about the B8 S4, I wouldn’t really consider one without a tune & exhaust, but you swap those out and you’ve got a different car entirely. Same goes for the RS4, 335, C63, GTR, etc, so then it’s just wondering how they all stack up against each other with similar mods and relative costs.

No sadly your right. He does a lot of driving and moaning about how he is going so fast that the police would lock him up.

They say in the video multiple times how people say that their parts/kits are so reliable that people just have to change the oil. I wonder if that is because the tunes are so mild that they don’t really push the engine at all. The RS4 supercharger comes to mind.

Looks like a tuner/customer finnally found the strip at Sanat Pod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYV0wY67fRo

Not sure what stage it is…

Probably a tune intake catback decat, and running race gas.

Awesome result. I have asked Keith over in the UK what the modlist was.

Cool it will be interesting to find out…

This was just posted from the uploader:

“APR stage 3 turbo kit 600 bhp capable amongst many other things!”

pretty good time for the first real 1/4 we’ve seen from the kit.

Interesting. Race gas?

Mph is great. Probably could squeeze a hair more et out.

How much is stage three? And what are Ttrs selling for?

Winner what is a cheaper easy to go 125+ mph, SC RS4 or TTRS STG IOU

Ian if I heard correctly that is the stage 3 on pump… I want to try to get one by this summer :slight_smile:

Johnny Cocker is the owner… sounds like a character from Lock Stock or Snatch lol. Those cars are beastly for sure. 5 cyl ftw!

many my post in august was messed up. autocorrect running wild!

TTRS is pretty wild. Not sure It would work for me because I like having one car for all jobs, but as a second car a mental TTRS could be fun.

Umm don’t you have two cars…

and one wife (her B8 A4 Avant takes my other garage spot)

and because I don’t have 3 garage spots in my ghetto house, I’m kinda limited.

Ahh, right, didn’t know that. Well, if I end up getting one I will bring it by this summer. You know my show is coming to London and Hamilton? In May I believe.

That reminds me, I should buy tickets and book the evening off!

IIRC the TTRS has the gen 4 Haldex, so this should be most rear biased of the “FWD quattros”. Add in an HPA competition controller and it will be more “actual quattro”-like if the reviews are true.