ATCO Dragway - April 4, 2014 @ 6pm - Who's coming?

Good stuff. That’s a solid trap speed and good ET. Post your modlist again…hard to remember.

You’re still losing lots of time in 1st, 2nd and the shift into 3rd. For perspective, a well run 1/4 mile pass will generally see the 1/8 mile time mulitplied by 1.55 to equal the 1/4 mile time.

If we look at your 1/8 mile (and 330) it is that of a mid to low 12s car.

If we look at your trap speeds vs. B5 S4 gearing and good runs, you’re in the range of 11.4-11.5 cars.

So either the single is just too hard to spool up in the first couple of gears and that puts you behind the 8 ball for the first 2 gears, or you need to work on your shifting. Or launching. Or all three. Now…I’m speaking with respect to being AWESOME and getting everything out of your setup. If you’re not that interested in that and just want a good feel for the car and it’s capabilities, the 124 tells you it’s DEFINITELY producing good power and running in the 11s is not easy for anyone. I watched a C6 Z06 with cams and exhaust struggle to get an 11.8 after half a dozen passes last weekend.

All in all , good result and exciting to see. As I mentioned, post the modlist so I can add you to the list.

could also be your tune…not sure who tuned it but we’ve seen cars struggle on launch and gear changes because of the tuning in the past.

Thanks Saki, I am definitely planning to get that 60’ down. I was pulling solid 1.7s last year. My 2 passes were launched with no launch control and no boost off the line. I tried launching at about 10psi on my final pass but I ended up just spinning real bad which caused my car not to accelerate enough by the time I shifted into 2nd gear. That consequently dropped me way out of my power-band in 2nd and killed my ET.

Another data point is that I am running the exact same tune from last year (stock motor with rods, stock intake/tb) with adjusted fueling for my 1200cc injectors. I haven’t had time to get the tune dialed in with my new little girl (1 month old).

Here is my current mod list:

motor
bf block with DM forged rods/oem pistons
ARP head studs
2.7 heads with Britishturbo cnc rs4 intake porting, stock exhaust ports
Supertech valve train, stock size valves
2.8 intake cams
Rs4 intake manifold
Rs4 throttle body

turbo
pt6262 bb .64ar hot side
034 stk
3" ic piping
Treadstone tr1035 intercooler

fueling
IE fuel rails
1200cc Ev14 injectors
Bosch 044 in tank pump
-8 fuel line feed, -6 return line
fuel lab fpr
Golan fuel filter (ss element, 900 gal/hr)
hpx maf, blow thru
BritishTuning

17X8 OZ supers
93 pump + meth

Nice work monty, great to see a B5 STK get out there and strut its stuff!

Thanks man. Can’t wait to get some more runs in!

Can’t wait to make it back to the track on E85!

29psi tapper to 26psi on E85 -> RT Tuning Dyno Day in Lansdale Pa, Mustang Dyno:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTM7RQ-pzM8&feature=youtu.be

ooh dyno numbers. Those matter!

:slight_smile:

I figured people would enjoy the video :wink: and a video without a description is annoying haha.