ATF Overheating Audi s6 2007

These were the pictures of when I removed the fluid first time it was pitch black and smelled horrible

Sometimes the car delays when Iā€™m shifting gears like it engages late and it has a jerk so if I go from D to R itā€™ll jerk sometimes like a late engagement of the gear

Itā€™ll even do it when the transmission is cold rarely but itā€™s more likely when the car gets warm

Or if Iā€™m driving stopping and going in traffic if I pull off itā€™ll do a smash into the next gear sometimes itā€™s a jerk feeling to describe it

Itā€™s Mainly when I do that first initial pull off but after that itā€™s fine

Iā€™m not sure if that can be a sign of clogging somewhere?

My car has those symptoms also, but it is not annoying or undrivable for me. I credit it to the trans tune and old clutch packs. I just feather the throttle. But when I mash it in sport it flies like a bat out of hell

My filter and magnets were polluted like that also. I topped my trans off 10 times at its desired temp, but i still think it could take more. And will smooth out the trans

That shifting or engaging problem is what they describe, and warn us to not change at fluid after 1
~100 to 130k

I do just wonder in your case if another atf flush would do any benefit for your shifting. Just fluid not filter. $200 gamble

The trans tune the car jerks like a mofo on all shifts. Screeches the tires when shifting to 2nd under wot.

If I feather the throttle or grandpa drive I barely feel shifts

When I did the second transmission fluid flush the fluid was brown when I removed it

Looks like a normal thing I see

I see ok well thatā€™s good you did a second flush. The tune made the car completely different. Maybe consider flashing tcu back to stock and see how it feels so you can narrow it down furtherā€¦

I am so damn curious about your overheating trans. Have you tried searching ā€œ6hp26 internal control module temp too highā€ or equivalent code? Variants of this trans came in so many cars

I havenā€™t searched it like that but Iā€™ll try that now

Imo the aux trans cooler is better than the C5s that ran ATF lines to the radiator

Iā€™m so confused by this transmission chaos Iā€™m on the debating of replacing the whole thing

Tbh with you I donā€™t know what the hell to do

I may run itā€™s own radiator I donā€™t even know

I guess the process of elimination open that cooler up and if I find nothing Iā€™ll do itā€™s own cooling system then if that donā€™t work I guess Iā€™ll replace it

I made a discovery I tested the coolant pump and I noticed it wasnā€™t coming on so i after tested the connector to the coolant pump and nothing was coming through and the car isnā€™t saying any codes about it when I unhooked it and the relay is working to it

Scratch that the pump works so I guess Iā€™ll remove the thermostat like I said before

The car is still overheating so I guess Iā€™m going to remove the atf cooler next

Seems more like the atf cooler maybe clogged I sprayed water on it and no temperature drop

Removed both atf and gear cooler and both were fine I put them back in. Anyone have any other idea why is overheating?

Well everyone Iā€™m mentally preparing myself for the inevitable and in that case does anyone know the studs I can buy for the exhaust since Iā€™ll have to pull it off I did put a nut and bolt which was dumb and I guess I might as well fix it

Your gonna swap transmissions?