ATF Overheating Audi s6 2007

I already did I’m having a ton of trouble with the shifter i been screwing with it for hours I’m about to buy another one to replace it

I replaced the transmission within the next day I pulled the engine and day after that I hooked headers up and all that and today it was supposed to go in but the stupid shifter isn’t working right it has like no tension I think a clip or something pulled out cause I felt it pop out when I tested it.

So I ordered a new one

Oh shit what a terrible mess. If you didn’t already make sure you flush your coolant lines and your fluid lines.

The shifter has that ball fitting that snaps over the ball point did you loose the clip? You should have been able to bolt the bracket down it should be a 10mm bolt.

Also keep in mind you might have some issues with the TCU unit in the transmission. So keep your old one

Yep on the day of my birthday I ran to CT junkyard for a transmission for 800 took me 2 hours there and back

2 days later I did whole thing

I was trying to have the car done asap until that shifter fucked me the first time and again like whenever I dropped the engine that damn shifter is cursed and would always give me a problem

What a lovely week to being 19 and by the way if I change the shifter I’ll happily make a video of me destroying the old one with a sledgehammer

In for the vid…

That’s a lot of hussle to get Fd by the shifter cable… yuck

Yes and I did open it up I found out the spring which I assume is a tension spring was mangled all up on the inside of it

Hello all the new shifter came today I put the bastard on and it worked flawlessly I have the transmission screwed in with the subframe and control arms and the axles I removed.

Basically the engine is officially in

All I have to do is put transmission fluid in and put drive shaft on and exhaust in the middle and the front end. The sway bar and that should really be it.

By the way I noticed one of the bolts on headers was loose towards front of engine I torqued it and I assume everything should be fine.

I am a bit paranoid about that but umm the dash is also saying safe mode I had recently put battery back in so maybe it just needs to sit and it’ll go away.

I think I’m honestly a mad man the fact I dropped engine and swapped the transmission on the same day is insane and day after that the engine was back in the car until you know the stupid shifter which delayed me from probably finishing immediately

I’m also maintaining 3 summer classes remote and some how working on my s5 which is about almost done

1 Like

The next and last gas car I’ll probably get is a audi a8l w12

Hey guys so transmission and engine is in I have the car started and the transmission is locked up and in safe mode is it possible I can use Ross tech to adapter it to the car or I’m stuck with locating a programmer?

You can’t in most cases just use any valve body. The PRNDL on the dash is an indication the TCU is in limp.
I would pull up the codes in Vag com. Chances are there are com errors and a processor fault. If you’re even able to communicate

You can fix this by swapping out and installing your old valve body. That should unlock everything and have it working correctly.

Well I was using a bs scanner and I was able to see the codes on the trans and even erase them.

So basically I need the thing programmed to the car

You don’t really have to wait you can always toss back in that old valve body. That should be the hold up as mentioned. depending on the transmission unit the module might not be compatible no amount of programming is going to fix that…

Still keep us posted. .

Okay and when I did get transmission I made sure it was the same jms code as my old one

It should work with the programming I hope

I also discovered my strut was cracked it was probably from when the girl hit me head on

That would be bad if that failed. So kinda good you found that.