AUDI 1/4 MILE DATABASE

http://audirevolution.net/quartermile/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Original contribution by: Sakimano

As I have mentioned on a couple of the forums, the site owner has created a really cool database that is searchable/sortable and will have ALL relevant Audi quarter mile times added to it for the various platforms.

Some things to note for times to be included on the list:

no timeslip = no time
non-certified dragstrips will also not be added. Basically only results from a proper dragstrip with standardized/certified timing systems will be included. Examples of runs that will not be included:

1. pbox quarter mile times - should be self explanatory
  2. temporary airstrip type dragstrip event times - there are lots of these in Europe as they unfortunately don’t have many proper dragstrips. Including them is tough because they often calculate trap speed differently and rely on GPS or radar gun devices etc. That’s not really fair to compare to times that were run on a certified track with controls etc. on the timing and track setup. i.e. someone who goes to say Santa Pod in England, an IHRA certified track with full on 60’, 330’, 1/8, 1/8mph, 1000’, 1/4 and 1/4 mph timeslips.

It would also be preferred if someone could post video of a significant time, as well as two of their timeslips from the track. A photo of the car at the strip with the grease paint numbers on the window would also help validation. Not that anyone here is going to pull any fast ones, but we can’t forget that people like kevkev etc. are out there, so we have to be dilligent in protecting the integrity of this list.

When you post up your times either here, or in your respective platform’s subforum, remember to include as much info about the run as possible i.e.:
tune
downpipes/catback
octane of the fuel you used
power adder on your car (if stock, say so i.e. B5 S4 K03 or B8 S4 TVSr1320…and if you’re a B5 with K04/RS6 hybrids, make note. If you’re an NA car with a supercharger setup, give as much info as you can about the kit and the power adder )
boost/shot (if you’re a boosted car and know the peak boost, post it up. If you’re running nitrous, post the jet size)
other mods (intake mani? lw rotors? FMIC/SMIC? etc.)
other info (any weight reduction done? tire size? density altitude if you know it…however DA corrected times are never going on this list, but it is always interesting to know in extreme cases if a car ran at say -1000 feet, or +6000 feet)

Lastly, this database is fun, and a little competitive, but it’s also VERY educational about what the cars with various mods are capable of. If you go to the strip, even if you run a mediocre time, post it up. Gathering data is the chief reason we have this list, and it’s always great to be able to do relevant comparisons.

A Few Tips on Using the Database

It is searchable, and sortable by each column. You can do a lookup to isolate the car platform or even car/engine/transmission/octane/exhaust config/ECU tune you want (yes, all of them.

i.e. to see how all B8 S4 DSGs with stock cats and exhaust, on pump gas stack up by comparing 60’ times, type the following inputs in the lookup section up top for each column

Vehicle: B8 S4
Trans: Auto
Oct: <95
DP/Exhaust: stock/stock

This will whittle the database of hundreds of times down to the half dozen or so that meet that configuration

Next, just click 60’ heading and it will sort by that column. Bam, there’s your list. It looks like this today…

http://i60.tinypic.com/2450mcm.jpg