Audi Canada recall notice for B8 RS5

Audi Canada has sent out recall notices in April 2024 for B8/2013-2015 RS5 vehicles. They are classifying this as an Emissions Recall 37P1 and state they will update the ECM and/or the TCM. Little detail is provided other than saying a software error may result in elevated tailpipe emissions when driven in Sport Mode.

Gee, you would think it would be allowed a little “extra” in Sport Mode.

So, what would you do if it was your car? Mine is still all factory tune still, and if you read my earlier post from last year, I do still have this regular idle surge/hang that I wish would go away… what’s the chance that the revised ECM update might include other tweaks found in the intervening decade?

That recall is also out for the States too but I think I’m going to skip. I’m running JHM Stg2+ and not sure if the Audi portion has a different base software but I’m running Catless headers so I don’t think I’m worried about emissions. I’ll see if JHM comes out with any updated info on it.

It would make sense that you will ignore this Audi recall. I did see there is quite a bit of chatter in the R8 community also.

Yes, after the Diesel Gate issue nobody is happy to jump on Audi’s (VAG as a whole) emissions band wagon. Nobody was happy with the Diesel software update as it tended to reduce fuel economy a little but more importantly use a lot more DEF fluid. The good part of that big recall was that some were paid very well if they chose to turn in their vehicles and for those that wanted to keep them they received a very good warranty extension. No warranty extension seems to be involved with this software update for the petrol cars.
Check out the guys post on Audizine B8.5 forum. He had the update done and now he’s had nothing but CEL’s. Says the dealer even chaned the O2’s and flushed drained and replaced the fuel but no luck as of yet.

I agree, I’ve been telling everyone to avoid getting the new tune. If you happen to get it, just get tuned, JHM preferably, and all that will go away.