Audi RS5 B8 Oil catch can

looking great,
I really like the way you set up this catch can,
would you be able to make apart list or even sell me similar kit ?

Do you got more photos of this setup? What are the lines under the intake

I’m also confused with lines connected to intake elbow underneath, where is it coming from and what to do with it :thinking:

Happy new year everyone,

just to follow up on CATCH CAN any updates ?

Br,
Ahmed

Not yet we are still waiting Ape is on the case tho !

1 Like

Hello Ray,

Just copied your design for catch can, used 20mm ID silicon hoses and plastic fittings 90 elbow and T
wanted to ask you what fittings you used, I’m worried the plastic ones I’m using might melt down or deform from heat ?

also the special mount for the can it self, could you elaborate more on that or share a photo or design ?

1 Like

@a_ibrahem Hi buddy.

Apologies for the late reply! Awesome work you done there buddy! Should be really proud of your work! I too have used plastic fittings 90 elbows and T bends. I more than fit for purpose for the job, so no need to worry there. But if you are worried I believe you can get those 19mm I.D fittings in brass.

With the mount for the catch can it was just abit of straight aluminium plate about 30-35mm wide and 4mm thick that I painted black to make it look more OEM. I then M6 threaded the plate so that the two bolts would screw on it plate in to position and even added nuts underneath to make it more secure to the frame of the car.

With the bolts for the catch can I just drill two holes through the plate and use the fixing bolts supplied with the kit to attach the can. Hope this helps.

From the first image I have posted I have made some alterations with the pipe work fittings will get a picture up asap for you to see

1 Like

Hi Ray,

Thanks lot for reply, appreciate good word :blush:

Believe will be do something similar to mount the can

What hoses are you using ?,looks more slim and flexible than my silicon 20mm ID than I’m using

Waiting for the new pipe work photo :heart_eyes:

Hi @Ray_86,
here is my attempt to do similar mount, definitely your looks better, but its holding strong and does the job :slight_smile:

don’t forget pic for new pipe work @Ray_86 please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to do a catch can setup for an s6, where did you find your connectors to the valve covers?

I used the factory ones, heated PCV hoses and removed the hose from connector

i remember i saw them also on AliExpress

Again sorry for the late reply, been busy with work but I haven’t forgotten. Here are the images of the new pipe work alterations made on the return line. I’ve have circled what I have change it basically uses less plastic fixtures and changed with manufacturer silicone/EPDM hose bends. Think the alterations look a fair bit better more OEM.

1 Like

no worries man appreciate your help,
Definitely looks better :slight_smile:
where you got those hoses ? was it a custom order ?

I had some feedbacks that silicon hoses are not suitable for any oil/fuel
so I replaced all hoses again with Gates PCV/EEC hoses, it looks more OEM also

The hoses are not a special order, it was just another straight off the shelf item. Thanks man I too agree it looks better be good to see how the new piping you have install looks now too :+1:

I was trying to find the same and not able to reach anything, where i live we don’t have local stores that sell such hoses, i have to order everything from states, would be interested to order same if i know from where.

also what size are those hoses ID ?

sure will take a pic soon for you :slight_smile:

Here is new hose from Gates
Also got some Torx screws to secure the Can, it matches more the OEM style :smile:

Would you be able to hook me up with similar hoses like yours ?
Shop name or website to order ?

What brands of Catch cans are you guys using? Does yours have any media (Stainless, Brass, Aluminum) inside the Catch can to help vapors condense?

I recommend Mishimoto’s 50 micron catch can. You can get it on Amazon. I ran it for years in my 335is and it performed wonderfully.

Looks very nice that does buddy! I like how your catch can is slightly turned so that the pipes haven’t got much of a bend radius.

The I.D is 19mm and I bought all my fixtures and fittings on eBay. The type of hoses you would want is called EPDM braided hose.

This is the catch can I have used, and if fits into the space perfectly.

Thanks mate ,will look those hoses up on ebay,
That’s exactly can I’m using as well, ports fits straight to 19mm hose so no need additional fittings :smile: