Audi S5 B8 3.0T Flap Delete

Hi,

In the process of replacing Chain Tensioners I ran into carbon build up…
It seems that there is a delete kit for allmost every TFSI engine except… The 3.0T!

Searching for it online only give results of low end torque dropping or rough idle cold start.

But I bumped into one post that stated:

Took out those damn flaps, dividers and left the vacuum and sensor enable, no CEL and the car has never performed better than now. (I had it new, so it is not the carbon build up)

What do you folks think about this?
I would rather have them gone than connected.

Haven’t heard about it on the S5 but the intake manifold is different from the A6 version. In your post above, the guy says running better than ever but maybe his was never running great in the first place so a Carbon clean is what was needed? Very similar in operation to the RS4/RS5 motor flaps. They need to be cleaned when doing a Carbon removal and need to be open when re-insalling. A lot of people have mistakenly re-installed with them closed and then get a code and have to remove the whole intake/supercharger again.

To add to the great points hahnmgh63 made.

The dividers can usually be removed with no issue and most of the time I recomend doing so. They just end up being a carbon trap. The port flaps. I think that’s a bit of a different story. They aid in cold start in certian situations. I suppose if you took them out when it’s warm out and you don’t really need them as much it wouldn’t be much of an issue. But then in the colder temps when they do more to support on cold start that might make for a different story

So @justincredible are you saying we could remove the dividers on the RS4/ RS5 ?

As I thought this was no go on our cars ?

I do not know if thoughts are changed now…
But look at these pieces of art :heart_eyes:

The best part for me… No stupid flaps!
I am still not getting the point why not delete on the 3.0T, but all other TFSI engines… Wait for it… And there gone!

Any flap pictures? Interested to see what they looked like on this and how it looks now that they are removed.

What is the need on the 3.0T to remove them.

Pg 28 or pdf page 32. https://vwcampersite.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/ssp_925803_3-0l_v6_tfsi_engine.pdf

1 Like