Audi S8 V10 parts there for the taking

Hello S6 owners

I recently bought a S8 V10 donor car to use for spares, please check out this link

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=4462.0

I am in the process of extracting the engine and after that i have a full car to use for spares, i believe the S6 shares some parts with the S8, So if there are any parts you might need please send me a message.

I am happy to help and will give you a very good low price on the parts.

Thanks.

Great for the community! Thanks for this!

I don’t know if it’s the same on the S8, but I’ve never been able to replace this part without getting a whole set.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170409/fd3f5604a7ffe59b67cd5836753904d8.jpg

I can’t pm on tapatalk but will send you a message about all 4 taillights. :grinning:

Hey guys sweet potato is a good guy. What Is a good idea. Is to use this thread to just let him know what parts you need. This way he can post all the parts he sold or that are still available in the main thread.

Things that might be helpful. The S8 and S6 share the same brakes so stuff like the brakes would be the same. I know some guys have issues with the ABS I think The S8 abs unit might be better so that is something to consider

Thanks Justincredible, :slight_smile:

Thanks mixofia and cstarky15

I have send you PM reply’s :). what i will do i will just take full pictures of the whole car (bumper to bumper inside and out) and will post, so far everything is available except the engine off course :wink:

Cheeeers. :wink:

Sounds good, what s8 seats are in there? Two tone?

Hello Vtgt,

Yes the seats are the two tone black and white leather, my ride has the same seats, but the ones on the donor car when looking at them very closely they look slightly better (like 10% better) than the ones i have on my ride.

I am thinking of swapping them, Thus if you are interested i can give you myn :slight_smile: PM Me thanks

Apologies i have been working late of late. Thus i haven’t had the time to visit the garage and take pics as promised,
the good news is the garage has removed the (engine and gearbox complete) from the donor car and soon they will install it on my car

Tomorrow 12 April i will have some time and i will visit the garage and take lots of pictures and post the link here.

In terms of s8, do you have all the suspension components in tact? Anything damaged from your knowledge. May know someone who is interested.

Sweet Potato - Great to hear there has been progress on the engine swap!

Is the intake plenum the same S6 to S8? I’ve got a cracked mounting location on my drivers side where it makes up to the throttle body on my S6. If you have a good plenum from your old engine this would be a true life saver.

I am also in the market for wheels/tires if they are OK on the donor car. Two of my OEM wheels got out of round this winter and won’t be able to use them with a summer tire.

Thanks!

I can’t PM on here yet, but feel free to email me rallyvermont@gmail.com

The setup/config is different for intake (slightly), more flow with the s8. Slightly different config, bigger difference is the better (slightly smoother bends and slightly larger pipe) stock exhaust and slightly beefier tune.

More specifically the intake plenum design. I’m assuming by looking at images, with the airbox design aside, the actual plenum that mates to the IM and throttle bodies is the same in both S6 & S8?

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/67149742.jpg

Slight, but adds the remaining ~15hp or difference and slightly better throttle and cool air induction. Again, if go back to the rags, the mags liked the s6 and s8, the biggest difference is air suspension on the d3 s8 vs stock more stiffer oem bilstein setup on the s6.

So I guess all out handling and at the limit people leaned towards the c6 s6, due to the tuned stiffer suspension slightly lighter (slight they are both heavy ;). However to make it feel a little bit lighter on its feet and still feel small he d3 has a slightly wider footprint with 20x90 wheels, air suspension, on an aluminum space frame with slightly more performance engine and power wise. It subjective they are both great cars, but different purposes awesome sporty cruiser and awesome sportier cruiser possibly more of that if start messing with suspension on the c6 s6 via sophisticated air suspension or coilovers. I’d love to own both though :-p, stock d3 with minor performance upgrades vs all out s6 with power and handling upgrades.

I guess this should go in the Count V thread :-/ jus trying to point on some material differences, the minor there are outside of the frame / drivetrain / Body.

Thanks, vtgt - The plenum is need of replacement on my 07 S6 - so I’m wondering if Sweet Potato’s from the S8 (if its available) would work as a direct replacement.

I tried to pm you too. What are you going to do with your engine old block? you planning on going a project or maybe sell it let me know i might be interrested.

Already spoken for :stuck_out_tongue:

Does that mean there is a car that it’s going in :wink:

Darn it I guess my Frankensteins Monster will just have to wait a bit longer. :wink:

Hey all thanks for all your messages,

vtgt yes i have the front suspension intact, will share the pics (very soon) the front left and right and the rear right suspension are complete. i have the alloy wheels they are 20 inch and a spare, they are okay but they have some little surface bends will share the detail pictures (Shortly)

Regarding the Seats i have decided not to change them, for the difference between my seats and the donor seats in quality is only around 10% you have to really look closely in order to see the difference, so the seats are now officially there for the taking, they will be missing the two black plastics that are behind the headrest thow.

Because i will be shipping those two plastics to Dune-T soon.

RallyVermont

I have it on my old engine but ones my car is back on the road i will give the complete old engine to my friend, he is a humble, brilliant ,fantastic member of this forum :slight_smile:

the cream of the crop, the creme dela creme. hehe :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

He will tear it apart and check exactly happened, what caused it to fail.

Cheeeers