B6 S4 RNS - E

Its about time to update the old raido in the B6 and I have always liked the RNS units. But I cant get a stright answer on what part numbers and what all goes into wire support to put a RNS unit in my b6 S4.

I found several junk yards that have RNS units for very very resonable but they need the part number.

Has anyone done this and do you know what part numbers for units so I can get the right stuff

You will also need the 4 digit code to make it work, unless someone has figured out otherwise.

crap one more obstacle. I really am not a fan of any aftermarket option other than the RNS units. I just don’t seem to be able to find what it will take to plug and play

He can call AOA for the radio code with the radio numbers and the VIN number of the car and they will give it to him.

^JB is right, for the code just call AoA and they’ll help you out. If that doesn’t work, there’s a guy on eBay who can retrieve that code for you if you provide him an AUZ number from the nav unit. I think he charges 10-15 bux.

I’ve retrofitted successfully RNS-E myself. You need the following:
•RNS-E w/code
•RNS-E wiring loom/adaptor
•Diversity/Radio antennas adaptor
•GPS antenna
•misc basic tools to remove radio, drivers knee bolster, etc…
•an hour or two of your time

As far as main wiring loom, from what I’ve seen when you order one specific to your car specs(Bose vs nonbose, cd-changer, sat radio) vendors almost never get it right anyway. I have pin out diagram, so when you’ll receive yours, you could double check their work and if needed repin. Also, I believe i still have a spare gps antenna.

Let me know if you have any questions.

WOW thanks for letting me know this. Its great to know someone has done this. I do have questions and I really thank you for your help.

The road blocks I keep getting is when I call a salvage yard to get a RNS unit they keep asking me for part numbers. I don’t have any I told a few I have a 2006 A4 with navi RNS and then they ask for a vin.

You have the list of the parts needed. Is there any chance I can get help with further detail on how you sorced all of your parts from the head unit to the wire looms and adaptors?

If its possible for you to help me with that information I will sorce the unit the parts and do a DIY write up so there are no future questions on this in the future.

Lastly is it possible for you to post a picture of how the unit looks in your car. I have had a few people tell me they don’t think the unit will look right in a B6 and I just don’t think that’s true but technically I have never seen a RNS unit in a B6.

I’ll help you out so you can set up yours correctly. I’ve done both of my B6 S4s and quite a few B6s for friends and family. Do you have Bose? Are you going to run CD changer in a glove box? Are you using Sirius/XM sat radio? Are you going to run auxiliary?

WOW thank you.

No on the CD changer
No on sat raido
Aux… Do you mean like a thumb drive or MP3 player plug in?

Didn’t forget about you justincredible. Been crazy busy, I’ll sort out and PM you stuff that you need for retrofit soon.

Take your time. thank you for not forgetting about me. As mentioned a few refrences to what year car and head units will work will be helpful If you can provide those as well. If you happen to have part numbers on the head units that would be great.