B8 sunroof delete panel

I emailed USP Motorsports to see if they would make this for me, but they haven’t committed yet. I could take the sunroof glass to a plastics shop and get them to fab up a blank with a lip on the bottom. I think you have to pick a type of plastic that doesn’t expand/contract in the heat. Then presumably you’d have to seal it on install.

Unfortunately the rollbar is in so the headliner can’t come out easily. It’d probably have to be cut.

I actually don’t care if the sunroof plug is ugly. I just care that it doesn’t leak water into the car. I’m comfortable with wrapping the roof in vinyl.

Will the rollbar allow you to even get to the hardware to get the sun roof out.

The best bet would be to have the body shop that is doing your fender vents to just weld a piece of sheetmetal in and then clean and match it.

I dont think it makes sense to have USP make you anything. I think that will just cost way more money and unless they have a B8 I dont see them being able to make this.

for weight and strength putting a piece of sheetmetal with a small brace in there would be a good way to go. this way if you can remove all the hardware glass and connections you would save a good amount of weight.

I can weigh the glass. If it’s less than 10 pounds I don’t care.