B9 S4

Microsoft just got kicked to the curb, sync 3 is supported by RIM and is shit tons better than the prior microsoft version.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/ford-sync-3-review

LOL i was just curious tbh. Seems like no one knows the answer???

Yep. Now QNX based.

Looks like the Passat will have both ready to go. But boy was the Hyundai I tried last week NOT ready for production.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Zfb4xYxt--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1440954927940470186.jpg

[quote]The 2016 gets an updated infotainment center, now available with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as MirrorLink.
[/quote]

The thing I like most about manuals is your ability to make the car make cool sounds…and that requires a V8, V10 or V12.

Since everything is going V/I6, I’d rather it kept quiet as I hate the sound. Or if cars are going turbo V8s, the turbo shuts the car up so badly you can’t make it sound cool even if you try.

Well, that makes sense if that is what you are after. For me, it’s just about being more in tune with the car, and the sense that you have full control over everything it’s doing. That probably sounds stupid, and in my older age it probably matters less and less…

I used to think that mattered. Now I’m willing to make trade offs. I care a lot less about 10/10ths now. My car is almost stock…just the full exhaust. No tune, no LW parts, no supercharger, no suspension, no tinted windows even.

yooh need dah toon

I’m having misfires so I’m going to sort that out before anything. I’m not triggering CELs because the stock ECU file is so resistant to giving a CEL for misfires.

Why is that?

My theory is because when carbon started showing up, Audi said ‘no carbon cleans under warranty without a CEL’. Audi figured out that carbon causes misfires, and that if you come in with a carbon caused misfire CEL underwarranty, they had to clean your carbon for free. They hated that. So there was a ‘new file’ written to address carbon buildup. We were told it ran hotter to help. We know that’s bullshit. It doesn’t matter what happens. They also made sure that new stock file would basically ignore a huge range of misfire conditions. Not smart at all. You can see this when you log misfires on original stock vs updated stock tune vs. aftermarket.

Fast forward to getting JHM tuned, where they have a far more sensitive level for triggering a CEL for misfires…suddenly you’re showing codes. Then…you post on Audizine how the JHM tune is causing misfires, mostly because you’re a fucking moron who doesn’t realise his car wasn’t healthy and the misfires were present, but were hidden from you by Audi.

Come on now Saki we all now VAG group would NEVER tamper with the ecu! ;D LOL

Yeah you can watch the misfire counter on a stock rs4. pretty funny

“The latest version of Audi’s seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, specially calibrated for U.S. cars to provide smoother transitions and launches, replaces the eight-speed torque-converter automatic.”

I am confused, did I just read that the next Gen regular a4 will swap the 8 speed auto for the dsg? Yet the s4 will do the opposite? Doesn’t that seem a little backwards? I know the 8 speeds are stronger and does well in the rs7 but if it is enough for the s6 why the change on the s4?

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/reviews/a27422/the-first-drive-2017-audi-a4-the-savior/?click=my6sense

The A4 had an 8 speed. I thought the A4s had a close to the same transmission as the S4.

I rented a 528i on vacation, which has the ZF8 that all these German sedan use. I have to say I’m not that impressed. In normal drive mode it puts the car into 8th gear when you get over 30 MPH. If you click the stick to the left, it will sort of stay in 6th gear or lower. What bothers me is it tends to lurch when you change pedal effort. When slowing down for a stop light it sloshes down through 8 gears with just enough push on the driveline for it to be noticeable. It’s not luxurious nor sporty. It’s just efficient and cold.

PDK in the Boxster has sportier shifts when you want them, and seamless engagement slowing to a stop (like if you had a manual and put it in neutral).

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/12/36d33e34fa2f877db7e74b6dad976175.jpg