back to audi?

cool.

Isn’t it weird that there aren’t any fast turbo 5 Audis over here? Well, not that we’ve seen at a dragstrip or anything. I mean none.

In Europe, they’re dime a dozen. There are TONS of 500-600-800-1000 hp turbo 5 powered Audi 100, 80, coupe, etc. Hell even an 8 second A5 with that motor in a dedicated dragcar…and that same setup used to be in a 9 second B7 Rs4 drag car.

What gives over here? Everytime someone buys one and says they’re going to go big and kick ass, the builds vanish.

I think auditude had one…maybe a URs4 turbo 5 but it got wrecked in hurricane Sandy.

well the 034 cars are quick, iirc their 80 trapped 135mph, they have lots of details on their website

there is also the salt flats urs4, think it did 220mph or something crazy

there used to be a very fast Cq 20vt in MA, they called it the crow iirc, got to see it in person before it got sold

but yeah, compared to europe the quantity of megafast older audis doesnt seem the same. Youtube + jonus racing used to be a favored pastime of mine.

unfortunately I’m likely not the one to buck the trend, I bought a house in January and that’s likely to eat up my modding money/effort for quite some time (3 acres to manicure/farm and an interior that is all wood/post & beam but for some reason was painted should be a good time soak)

farm?

gonna grow some veggies/animals. I’ve got some chickens and a small indoor veggie garden so I’m looking to expand on that. probably rabbits too, super quick to maturity. if I had more room I’d do deer ($30/#lb for venison, $20/# for rabbit, game is absurdly priced here)

produce around here is really, really bad. fresh heirloom tomatoes are amazingly better, fresh eggs, fresh meat. its all much healthier (less saturated fats etc) and tastes far better. its a luxury I can afford since I’ve got some space in a rural area.

That’s pretty awesome.

[quote=“sakimano,post:25,topic:4154”]
yeah its nice having some space

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/05/vudu8a3y.jpg

my backyard

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/05/etyny8yg.jpg

a visitor

but in car news, the car is getting picked up tomorrow and delivered thursday. much faster turnaround than expected

Sweet. Looking forward to some pics.

well car got delivered today, good experience with Montway Auto Transport (order placed Late Friday and car delivered on Wednesday).

here’s a dark pic in the snow after moving it… needs some tlc but it feels great to have one of favorite cars ever sitting in my driveway. The S2 bumpers look awesome in person, and minus the mismatched paint and a squeaky belt it seems to be in great shape.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i293/beemercer/Cq_delivery_zps687deb61.jpg

Good stuff. What’s the interior shape like?

its brown. and full of parts…

lol, actually looks alright, leather looked good (besides being tannish brown). I was under one of our presses at work today and really didn’t look too close yet. I will come Saint Patty’s day, gotta pull out all the extra parts and start the cleaning process and the build thread.

it does have the old school prefacelift B5 light switches which I’ve always thought were funny (stalk control like the turn signals). the shifter feels nice, not so bolt action rifle as a the JHM (its an 034) but crisp and tight.

I’ll grab some more pics once I’m home during the light.

Awesome news Beem & congrats. We also are about to be in that boat. Probably take the plunge this summer, but probably not a farm setup since we’re closer to the city I guess. But having a small little farm is awesome and is something I’m sure you’ll enjoy a lot. That’s pretty nuts about game prices as well, never really thought of that as a side business lol.

thanks man, great time to buy with property being cheap and rates low.

yeah hunting is not very common (or easy) around here so game ends up being a delicacy vs cheap eating. I figured rabbits would be a good start, I love rabbit meat and they reproduce so fast, the only downside is the smell of them when you butcher them.

And the smell of them in your back yard as well lol!

Yea I guess it’s a luxury I forget about often as it’s so common place down here. I’ve been fortunate enough to grow up game hunting in our backyard basically, but never done any deer hunting (although I love the meat). I do more dove & quail hunting with the occasional squirrel or rabbit.

yeah I’ve only ever done coyote, squirrels and rabbit. deer you need a permit and it has to be with a bow in MA. duck and turkey you need a permit as well.

and luckily the coop is about 200 feet back from the house with some trees etc in the way so hopefully the smell stays back.