back to audi?

so I just sent payment for my 3rd audi, cheaper than older than #2 which was cheaper and older than #1… seems to be a trend so far lol.

Its a 1990 Coupe quattro on its way to an S2 conversion. Its going to be a week or two before it gets delivered so pictures are going to be delayed.

How far to S2? Does it have the AAN already? That will be something sweet!

Awesome. Can’t wait to see what you do with it and to see it!

bumpers and rs2 headlights. iirc the s2 was the 3b and the aby not the aan. but unfortunately its still a mostly stock 7a, I think I’ll leave it that way and just enjoy the car at stock power levels

thanks man, it’ll be nice to have an audi that doesnt need to pass emissions and will be a secondary/sunday driver… those were the two biggest issues with my previous two

Cool. I like the S2 body kit.

I think the AAN and the ABY have the most in common.

The 7a is a great engine too. And that turbo kit looks like a good solution if you get the itch.

There’s a clean coupe near me for sale but I have too many cars already!

Pics bango of said coupe

Yeah the S2 stuff looks good, oem S2 stuff will keep me from getting a replica RS2 bumper. The bumpers are mismatched (3 colors), so for the summer I’m going to try to match them as best I can but at some point I’d like to get the car painted, maybe dolphin grey… though I do love the color below (not my car, though I did entertain trading my S4 for it):

http://forums.audiworld.com/picture.php?albumid=31328&pictureid=127621

and yeah the aan and aby are both direct ignition vs the distributor 3b and 7a

for the 7a the car already has the 034 injectors, tuned ecu and the bag of snakes, I was thinking shore up the catback if need be and do the 034 big MAF and leave it at that until it needs a clutch. iirc 91gl knew a guy who put a beefy clutch and some head studs on his 7a and used to spray the piss out it towing his boat (something nutty like a 150 shot).

the turbo kit has caught my eye, $3k is a good price for the hardware/tuning and if i plunked down another $2300 for S2 intercooler/IM kit it should be about 250awhp in a low 3000’s lbs car which sounds fun enough for me. but as I’ve hinted at since the car is a project I may look to source/design my own parts.

Is that sukuza?

aviator

Congratulations! That is one great looking car. I always loved the older coupes.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=5959922

Seller is a nice guy from the local VW meets, he also has/had a sweet mk1 cabby with a 2.0l 8v swap.

The aviator car looks great. Don’t like the wheels on the other one bango posted the pics of (sorry, that bango was too lazy to post pics of lol)

What else is different… Headlights obviously. Bumper?

nice, cloth interior is always cool to see since that was canada only iirc.

speaking of cloth there is a guy selling S2 cloth recaros for fairly cheap. If he was local I’d probably have already snagged them.

yeah the wheels were the only thing I never loved about the car, but the fat fives are a killer wheel for oem (forged and light). I still have my SSRs so that’ll likely be the route I go. The stock bolt pattern is 4x108 so I either need to buy S2 hubs, have them machined or find someone who can make an adaptor.

Different on the car I’m buying?

what else is different on the one bangoman linked to the one you posted in aviator grey

the grey one looks fucking awesome

There was a local dark grey one here (looked like Dolphin/Daytona or something). Not sure if he sold it…he posts on audizine under the name maljar I think. He was also a coupe with an S2 look conversion. He had the NA engine.

re wheels, I would go with those fat fives if you can find them. Looks perfect. I wouldn’t bother with trying to force the SSR Comps on there. Sounds like too much of a workaround

exterior wise its s2 headlights, rs2 front bumper/fogs etc, and the wheels

the fat fives will take the same work as well, two piece adaptor, s2 hubs or apparently urs4 front hubs machined a bit and b5a4q rear hubs

the ssr’s are my favorite wheel so I really want to try to get them on there to see how it looks

make sure you do those!

well the one I bought has rs2 headlights (they look even better) and an s2 front/rear bumper. I may consider doing the rs2 front bumper if I can find one for a good price, but if not the S2 stuff is nice as well.

I’m sure that will look great.

here’s details on the aviator grey one I posted a picture of

http://m.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60581