Bastards Budget Build post. advice welcome.

i guess i didnt make it clear… I already run flat 12s on a maxed out k04 setup…

i want to build the motor, and do an intermediate upgraded turbo setup to tide me over until i have the budget to move forward in a bigger way.

i cant afford the kind of mods needed to support more than 600whp. nor do i want to at the point.

i was thinking of the new modded rs6 units like the JHM and SRM turbos and wanted to get a better feel for if I was on the right track…

I laid out my current setup pretty clearly up top so i dont know why things are getting so confused.

Yes the vast tune is not optimal. But a retune is not going to get me where i want to take the car.

not without some bigger blowers, and that needs some bottom end work.

I want to see the car deep into the 11s on pump gas.

A retune can change it dramatically

As for going deep 11s on pump…do you actually mean on pump or do you mean on pump plus meth? Pump plus meth is basically enabling race gas parameters so I wouldn’t ever call it ‘on pump’

Ps under what username do you have a 12 flat time on ‘the database’?

pump plus meth, and Bastard.

wow this just died… did i do something wrong?

We have as much input as we can, if you even want it.

If you have all the parts ready to go together for a solid 3L then go for it.

Considering you are looking at RS6 hybrid style turbos, I wouldn’t bother with the 2.8heads, just keep it simple and throw to Ti retainers and high performance valve springs (Rosten makes em good and cheap) Grab some RPM rods if you need super cheap or IE if you want to spend a couple extra bucks.

Have it tuned by a reputable brick and mortar type business. Then just enjoy

All that should easily be done in under 8K including engine bore if you do the wrenching yourself

Bastard,

I would invest in head work, supertech exhaust valves and springs/retainers at a minimum. The extra revs and the gearing advantage gained alone should help you get into the 11s. If you want to take the next step, get your stock heads ported out (intake ports gasket matched) and either port your stock intake manifold or go rs4 with rs4 throttle body. This paired with some 2.8 cams should make a significant improvement.

Too many people skip head work on this platform and I don’t understand why???

1. He has zero dollars to spend apparently

2. A good tune would put him in the 11s

Sell parts not in use —> buy better parts :wink:

You dont know me from adam. So I’d appreciate it if you backed off with the snark.

Hahahaaa… Everybody knows you never go full retard!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

I’d have to agree, if you are on a “budget” build, just get a re tune from a reputable company and you’ll see 11’s.